Throughout our 50 year history, we have worked hard to make LONG an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. In addition to competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and tangible career growth, our people enjoy a stability and loyalty envied in the industry. With average employee tenure of 10+ years, our culture encourages people to maximize their skills and potential. Our company culture is professional, yet relaxed; we understand that going to work every day should be a gift, not a burden. Join our growing team today!
As a Temporary Laborer with the Building Intelligence group, you will assist in the installation of controls devices on various residential, commercial, and industrial jobsites. You will work directly under a Journeyman electrician and gain invaluable work experience. You will succeed in this position if you pay personal attention to safety, take pride in your work, and behave in a professional manner.
- Assists in the installation of automatic control systems according to company temperature control installation procedures and to learn procedures.
- Learns to install a multitude of control devices efficiently, including conduit systems (EMT, GRC, PVC, etc.) copper tubing with solder joints, plastic tubing and electric cable in a neat and efficient manner.
- Becomes fully trained in the safe operation of all power tools, hand tools, and instruments necessary for job completion. Appropriately and correctly wears necessary personal protective equipment and abides by all LONG and OSHA safety regulations at all times.
- Does not attempt to perform any task or assignment without previous instruction by a qualified individual and ensures that all installations are performed in a neat, professional, and workmanlike manner to the satisfaction of the Field Supervisor. Asks for instruction or guidance before starting any unfamiliar task or assignment.
- Drives defensively and obeys all traffic laws including LONG safe driver policy (avoids all confrontational driving situations).
- Cleans and maintains all assigned LONG tools, vehicles and machinery.
- Reports directly to assigned job sites at beginning of each day (7:00 am unless specifically changed by Field Supervisor).
- Maintains a professional appearance, is punctual and generally helpful, and helps in other areas as needed including material delivery and handling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- General mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Basic mathematical and communication skills
- Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions
- Demonstrates flexibility in a changing work environment during the course of a work shift
- Availability to work overtime, varied shift hours, and out of town when needed
- Alcohol and Drug-free
- Inside and outside work environments
- Routine sitting, lifting, bending, and kneeling
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. from floor to countertop and countertop to floor
- Ability to climb ladders and perform job duties at required heights
- High, precarious places
- Inclement weather possible