Looking for flexibility in your next role? Want to be a part of a global leader in compressor technology, engineering and innovation? Enjoy working in a temperature-controlled environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done? Then, Kobelco has a place for you!
What Youll Do: As the Purchasing Agent, you will coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for the organization.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
• Reviews requisitions and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Purchasing of all castings, perishable tools and small parts from outside vendors and determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
• Prepares purchase orders or bid requests
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Updates item masters as needed.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action if applicable.
• Approves invoices for payment on a limited basis.
• Determine and outsource vendors
• Complete contracts with vendors as necessary.
• Direct weekly cycle counts to the warehouse and lead yearly physical inventories
• Review planners in ERP system and order, expedite, or delay as necessary.
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in related field preferred.
• Experience: 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in machining manufacturing environment preferred.
• Functional Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Technology Aptitude/Skills: Proficient in Outlook calendaring, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with ERPs systems required. Experience with Made 2 Manage a plus.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and blueprints. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Culture Match Behaviors: Conceptual thinker who can take a vision and create better processes and solutions. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player and participating in continuous improvement activities.
What We Offer:
• Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
• Competitive salaries
• Excellent Comprehensive Health program
• Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer