P2 Energy Solutions
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.Job ID
Empowering The People Who Power The World
Are you interested in a career opportunity with a growing software company? P2 Energy Solutions is dedicated to providing a positive culture where the ability to learn, collaborate, and make a difference is rewarded. We have a fast-paced, innovative culture where employees are empowered to provide a superior experience for internal and external customers.
Upstream oil and gas professionals who are focused on solving tough challenges rely on P2 software, data and analytics solutions to optimize their business performance. We are currently developing our solutions on mobile and in the cloud! More than 1,600 companies from around the world use P2 solutions every day to manage their land assets, measure and process financial information, optimize production, and manage their reserves. With more than 80 years of experience in data and 30 years in software, P2 has offices around the world, and employs approximately 600 people.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Senior Software Engineer will primarily be responsible for developing P2 software. This individual will work closely with others in the Development group to integrate code, understand the software features and usage, adhere to development standards and practices, and test the results. Essential Duties:
- Software development using mature and new technologies
- Developing high-quality, maintable software
- Development and successful execution of unit tests
- Working as part of a project team to deliver software on time
- Understanding and improving existing software
- Ensuring that software adheres to P2 standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, Software Engineering or related field is highly preferred
- 5+ years of related software development experience
- Experience with UniBasic or PICK.
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience with RESTFul web services
- Experience building multi-tier, data-driven applications
- Experience working with Multi-Value databases (UniData, UniVerse)
- Experience with test- or specification- driven development (TDD, BDD)
- Experience with TFS (VSTS) or similar ALM tools
- Good communication skills
- Initiative and ability to contribute to team goals with limited supervision
- “Can do” positive attitude coupled with a strong respect for others
- Consistently able to make and meet commitments
- Experience with ERP Accounting Aplications
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Domain expertise in the Oil and Gas industry
Belief In The P2 Way
Please note: Assessment testing may be required for this position.
- Always be learning.
- When in doubt, talk it out.
- Show up and follow up.
- Create positive energy.
- Think beyond...
We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation structure. We have a positive culture designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. P2 is dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities, and we would love to talk to you further!