Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Engineering - Hardware • Pasadena, California
Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) Automotive Electronics group extensively uses cutting edge deep learning techniques in image processing for accurate object detection, and lane detection as well as localization through scene segmentations.
In addition to these new perception techniques, other research activities are underway for behavior and path planning and vehicle control for autonomous driving as well as developing new types of sensors such as high performance radars with higher resolution for better scene understanding.
Our Automotive Electronics Group (AEG) has an opportunity for an Embedded System Architect and Technical leader
AEG: "Sensing the environment and navigating without human input"
Develop perception and sensor fusion algorithms using various sensors for object detection and localization.
Create, develop, invent / patent, validate and integrate perception (sensor fusion, sensor processing, localization and object detection) architecture and algorithms for autonomous driving.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas related to perception and sensor fusion algorithm development for ADAS and Autonomous Driving:
- System integration and signal processing of radar, liDAR, camera, ultrasonics, 3D depth / TOF sensors, GPS, IMU
- Algorithm development for environment and situation awareness using multi-sensor fusion, object detection (point cloud processing, association, classification and tracking of multiple objects in complex, 3D environments)
- Non-linear optimization / Iterative Closest Point (ICP)
- Probabilistic filters (Kalman Filters, Particle Filters)
- Expertise in latest software development concepts (Agile, etc.)
- Experience in software optimization (in prototype and embedded target environment)
- Work independently to identify and analyze problems and find solutions without close supervision
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and root cause identification skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, including planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Experience with ROS, or similar robotic middleware software and framework
- Experience with Mathworks (Matlab, Simulink)
- Experience with CAN, UDP, TCP and network routing
- Experience with embedded development platforms (Nvidia / Cuda, Renesas, TI, etc.)
- ADAS and Autonomous Driving technology development in professional / industrial environment
- Experience with ALM (Application Lifetime Management) concepts and tools
- Experience with delivering products to customers
: , C, C++, Python, Java, OpenGL, Windows PC, Linux, MS OfficeTravel requirements
: Travel to Korea, San Jose, California and Munich Germany.Education:
PhD in computer science, electrical / electronics, mechanical, aerospace, robotics engineering, physics, mathematics or related fields