Regional Human Resources Manager
2019-2728119020-2028OverviewHealthcare Services Group (HCSG) is currently seeking to fill the position of Regional Human Resources Manager to join our growing Corporate Team!Responsibilities
- This role is primarily responsible for the investigation and resolution of Employee Relations (ER) issues, including employee/manager concerns, Leaves of Absence (LOA), Wage & Hour, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims, and general inquiries across multiple states using knowledge of federal and state laws and Company policies and procedures.
- Cultivates and maintains productive working relationships with leaders across the Company.
- Handles a high volume of ER cases, which requires interaction with employees, managers, Corporate office, and government agencies.
- Consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- Reviews employee complaints and ensures proper procedures are followed consistently and in accordance with HCSG's policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Conducts timely, thorough and well-documented internal investigations, and provides recommendation for proper resolution.
- Writes clear and concise Employee Corrective Action (ECA) notices, tied to Company policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements and state and federal law.
- Conducts ADA compliant interactive process meetings, documents outcome, provides clear communication to the employee, and tracks Leaves of Absence (LOA) as part of an ADA reasonable accommodation.
- Works cooperatively with multiple departments, including but not limited to Operations, Onboarding, Benefits, Worker's Compensation and Payroll, to ensure Company requirements are met.
- Monitors exposure of the company (e.g., OSHA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, HIPAA, Wage and Hour) and reports concerns to Divisional and/or Corporate HR.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company-wide Human Resources policies and state and federal regulations.
- Identifies and advises management of trends and problems, as well as recommended course of action; informs management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement.
- Ensures that Company policy is being applied consistently and properly by management and supervisory leadership by providing proactive training and guidance in conjunction with HR leadership.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited 4-year required; PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- 2.5-5 years of Human Resources experience in a large company, including but not limited to internal investigations, performance management, writing and issuing disciplinary action, coaching managers, etc. required.
- Experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements and unionized populations highly preferred.
- Experience with HR Administration, including, but not limited fielding general inquires and/or escalating to appropriate contacts, etc.
- Exposure to interactive processes under the ADA preferred.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality with the utmost level of professionalism.
- The ability to maintain composure in high-stress situations
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Must provide a criminal background check.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. PM18