2019-1519# of Openings
15 hours agoCategory
Responsible for all activities involved in the planning, developing, and implementation of systems, processes, and procedures for controlling and maintaining the desired level of quality for all goods and services supplied by the organization. Responsible for reviewing product design, coordinating with manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, suppliers and customers to resolve quality issues. Oversight of inspection services. Establishes functional policies and makes tactical decisions within overall strategic direction, with top management guidance. Corporate Director of Quality reports to the President/COO and has 6 direct reports.Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Overall responsibility for coordinating and leading assigned resources and employees to meet or exceed company quality and business objectives.
- Directly oversee the corporate responsibilities of monitoring and improving customer experience measurements, reducing total cost of quality, ensuring regulatory compliance in our processes and continually improving the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Designs and directs the work of the functional area. Selects, coaches and develops the quality team, setting objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate the team. Manages organizational talent through performance management, succession planning and development. Designs and directs processes by which team and individual performance are recognized, feedback is consistently delivered and performance is systematically improved.
- Develop and execute a multi-year quality improvement plan for the organization journey from Quality Control to Quality Assurance to Process Excellence
- Coach and collaborate with business leaders and team members to apply and share a common vision for excellence.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by developing policies, procedures and process documentation related to quality, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction directives.
- Establishes product quality goals, metrics, and test methods during product design and development, presents quality metrics and analysis regularly to Senior Management team and external customers as needed.
- Periodically inspects completed quality control checklists, forms, and other documents; randomly inspects and verifies quality control checks for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Establish an effective audit process to be used to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results are followed to enable operational excellence;
- Drives down total product cost through the use of quality goals, performance metrics and improvement initiatives;
- Oversees development and deployment of standard quality tools, methodologies, standards, practices and improvement processes through the Manufacturing System.
- Other duties as assigned.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience with quality responsibilities in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in multi-site matrix organization
- Leadership experience in Quality, Lean, Process Improvement and Six Sigma deployment
- Success in leading teams through positions of direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma tools and lean methodology
- Fluent Verbal/Written English Language
- Ability to travel between manufacturing locations and customer sites
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior management, teams and individuals across multiple sites
- Sound business acumen operating in both High Mix, Low Volume and High Volume, Low Mix Production environments
- Solid quantitative skill set and the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data
- Ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication competencies