The Center for Clinical Pharmacology, a collaboration between Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - Department of Anesthesiology and the St. Louis College of Pharmacy, invites applications for a senior staff scientist to work with an established principal investigator's research efforts related to development of novel compounds that target nuclear receptors for potential use in treatment of human diseases including cancer. Research is focused on using chemical biology approaches to characterizing the physiological roles of these receptors as well as developing drugs targeting nuclear receptors for treatment of diseases including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer's disease. The position is responsible for collaborating with the Principal Investigator on the design, conduct and reporting of research projects.SPECIFIC MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with PI on the design, conduct and reporting of research projects.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting. May submit grant proposals in rare circumstances with the approval of the PI, Department Head and Dean.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintaining required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Manages research project with other institutions and investigators.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
A. Education & Experience:
- PhD, M.D. or equivalent terminal degree.
- 3 years of Postdoctoral experience
- Preference for some experience managing postdoctoral associates or technicians
B. Technical Skills/Abilities:
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
C. Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and technical publications.
- Must be able to work well independently or as a team member.
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards; must be physically able to wear protective equipment; must be able to provide standard care to research animals.If this sounds like the job for you here is information on how to apply:
Submit a CV with cover letter through the College's online application system.EOE/AA Statement:
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled