Business Analyst - Sales and Communications
McCarthy is seeking a full-time Business Analyst who will passionately collaborate with our business development, marketing, and communications teams to successfully design and deploy impactful technologies and processes. The ideal candidate will keep abreast of current and emerging technologies and will advi s e on potential opportunities and investments. In addition, this highly impactful role will own the process of deploying , enhancing, and supporting the technology stacks leveraged by these teams.
- Develop a n in-depth understanding of key operational processes and workflows including the business drivers behind those processes.
- Effectively f acilitate discovery sessions to identify business needs and requirements ensuring an understanding of national vs. regional needs.
- Partner closely with individuals and teams to consider new and improved ways to apply technology to drive enhanced outcomes (improved efficienc ies, insights, etc. ).
- Provide subject matter expertise, end-user support, and training for Business Development, Marketing, and Communications technologies. Primary technical solutions include Microsoft Dynamics (CRM), Confluence (Intranet and Knowledge Base), and WebDAM (Digital Imagery).
- Employ a disciplined approach to designing, developing, and validating future state technology use cases that deliver value and align with strategic goals . Solutions can represent new or existing technology platforms and tools, critical enhancements or changes to existing technologies, systems integration efforts, or custom technology solutions.
- Understand the internal and external relationships between the processes and technologies.
Project Planning, Execution, and Change Management
- Utilize project management best practices to plan, execute, and support initiatives. Key elements include resource planning, schedule and milestone development and tracking , risk mitigation , issue management , communication , and change management .
- Seek to execute projects in an agile, highly collaborative manner .
- Actively plan and lead the deployment/rollout effort, including all aspects of change management (e.g. phasing, communication, training, and support).
- Develop training content based on best practices established for application capabilities.
Functional Support & Administration
- Serve as the functional lead and admin providing s upport with technology questions and issues . P rovide timely answers and updates to functional questions and issues related to technology solutions.
- Work with external support teams as needed to address support tickets or enhancement initiatives .
- C ontinuously scan for opportunities to apply McCarthy's core technologies in new and better ways.
- Conduct 'health checks' to measure adoption rates of technology solutions. In instances where technology may not be adopted effective ly , conduct root cause analysis (people, processes, technology) and act on findings.
- Stay current on changes to McCarthy's core toolsets - look for opportunities to apply new capabilities to address pain points.
Internal Relationship Management
- Develop strong partnerships with internal business leaders, influencers, project teams, and users.
- Act as liaison to other technology teams and be a focal point for cross-application integration opportunities or issues .
External Relationship Management
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders within external technology vendors including customer success managers, implementation resources, and product teams.
- In support of McCarthy's initiative needs, seek to understand product vision, strategy and roadmap while seeking to influence the direction of product capabilities .
Key C lients
- Marketing & Business Development Teams
- National Communications and Marketing Team
- Shared Service Teams - Quality, Safety , HR, IT
- Preconstruction and Field Teams
Key Internal Partners
- National Communications and Marketing Team
- Shared Service Teams - Quality
- McCarthy's Technology and Innovation Team
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of experience in systems analysis, delivery, training, and support preferred. Solid understanding of Business Development & Marketing processes and technology tools used to support these teams .
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Confluence, or WebDAM preferred.
- Robust c ommunication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong team player. Works well with others.
- Self-starter who can organize, prioritize, and execute work.
- Passionate learner with a continuous improvement mindset.
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.