Peterson Holding Co.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with theon-line application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Peterson is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawfuldiscrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability,marital and veteran status. For more information about equal employmentopportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster.Requisition #
Diesel Technican - Earthmoving
Overview Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun! SITECH
has an immediate need for an experienced Field Technician Installer
at our Chico, CA
SITECH NorCal & SITECH Oregon (your dealer for Trimble, Apache, Crain, Seco and Laserline products) serves the construction and agriculture markets technology needs from our San Leandro, CA and Portland, OR offices. SITECH NorCal & SITECH Oregon are independent Trimble dealers and factory direct stores. SITECH's product lines include laser levels, construction lasers, optical instruments, machine control systems, surveying equipment and engineering software, GPS systems, and accessories. We specialize in both construction and agricultural technology solutions. SITECH NorCal (in Northern CA) & SITECH Oregon (in Oregon and SW Washington) are the authorized Trimble dealers for their regions, providing sales and support to the construction and ag industries.
At SITECH our vision is to be our customers' first choice
. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee's hard work, ingenuity and determination. We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees
. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach SITECH's strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent SITECH, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job.
We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team.
The person in the position will be responsible for performing installation, providing support, and troubleshooting for SITECH/Trimble products while also supporting the SITECH sales force and our customers. The timely handling of all install are service related products, customer requests and service parts inventory are critical to the success of our organizations service/support goals. The focus will be on the installation and support of the Trimble Machine Control products such as GPS Grade control systems, GPS Base Stations, GPS Rovers, Control Boxes, Data Collectors and more. The objectives of this position are to fulfill field services obligations to SITECH NorCal customers in a timely manner through the execution of service processes and procedures. This includes, but not limited to, installation, technical support, and documentation.
- Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies, and rules.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a manner that promotes a positive relationship.
- Install, provide support, and trouble shoot Trimble Machine Control products as required by SITECH NorCal customers, by working closely with SITECH sales team.
- Follow manufacturer and company service guidelines and procedures to ensure quality work and to preserve and document component failure information for accurate failure analysis.
- Write service reports that accurately document activities.
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner to enable other employees to do their job in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other Peterson divisions and departments, to determine customer needs for SITECH/Trimble products.
- Perform and submit manufacturer warranty claims in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the management of all customer contact information within the CRM package and service parts logistics/inventories.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Operate company service truck in accordance with Peterson's, state and DOT regulations.
- Attend product specific training conducted by Trimble or any of our other partners. This will require travel that may keep employee away overnight.
- Work overtime as needed within labor law guidelines.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor/ manager.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required experience with welding, cutting torch, using various heavy power tools with proficiency, and basic experience operating heavy equipment; lift truck certification preferred. SITECH NorCal is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.