OmnovaCustomer Care Representative
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
This position is in a team setting in Beachwood, OH reporting directly to the Customer Care Regional Manager with functional accountability to a Customer Care Team Leader. Role will coordinate incoming domestic and/or international sales orders for the Performance Chemicals Division by SAP entry to ensure expeditious and conscientious handling. This role works closely with external customers and their representatives, as well as a variety of Omnova functions including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and others to provide value-added service and solutions resulting in long-term strategic customer relationships. This role must also understand and communicate customer requirements throughout the organization.Responsibilities
- Communicate proactively through outbound calling to customers and/or key contacts to meet specific objectives and maximize customer experience
- Receive, process, and own Performance Chemicals domestic and export orders using SAP
- Initiate necessary actions required to ensure international/domestic and internal/external customer requirements are satisfied.
- Interface with Business Management, Marketing, Sales, Production, Quality, SH&E, Logistics, Shipping and Customer Financial Services to support and improve activities globally, and to deliver quality service and performance as relates to order management, credits, debits, returns, scheduling, shipping.
- Create and maintain accurate customer master data, including customer records and customer-material information.
- Maintain file and data integrity in all phases of order processing.
- Assist Performance Chemical customers with:-
- New / Special Orders
- Order Status- Returned goods
- Insurance Claims
- Regulatory / inspection issues as necessary
- Pricing / Payment Terms / Banking / Letters of Credit / Credit & Debit Memos
- Delivery Times
- Product size / weight
- Product Info
- Receive, process, and follow up on customer complaints / non-conformances.
- Strong adherence to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for self and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, marketing or business administration or related field, or H.S. diploma and 3+ years’ work experience
- Knowledge/experience in the following
- Customer relationship management
- Sales & Shipment of goods/products
- Outstanding communication skills
- Good analytical mind, detail and action oriented, good problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Package, including Excel and Word programs
- Able to set and manage multiple priorities and make decisions in a dynamic work environment
- Structured but flexible approach, ability to work both independently and collaboratively across multiple disciplines
- Agreeable personality with a "can do" attitude
- At least two years of experience in business-to-business customer service, or 3+ years in a non B-B service role
- Customs and export regulations/HTS - International ocean and air shipments and freight rates, INCO Terms, Bulk, TL, LTL and other modes of transport
- SAP Sales and Distribution experience a plus
- Multilingual a plus
- Lean Six Sigma training a plus