We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Duties & Responsibilities
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines - and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!Position Overview
Reporting to the Senior Training Program Manager, on the Harvard University IT (HUIT)/Financial Administration (FAD) HR team, the Training Assistant will provide coordination and support for the operations of the IT Academy (ITA), a university-wide IT staff training and development program. Supports a large, busy HR team with various HR administrative activities. Training Assistant Duties
HR Assistant Duties
- The Training Assistant will act as a liaison to managers, facilitators, staff, and university colleagues.
- Maintains the IT Academy website with minor content changes on a regular basis, using OpenScholar.
- Gathers content for, writes and distributes the quarterly IT Academy Newsletter; sends ITA email communications to the community.
- Tracks and manages registration, cancellations and wait list for each course on a daily basis in Harvard's learning management system (Saba LMS).
- Utilizes the LMS to create the monthly dashboard and for ad hoc reporting and metrics for senior leadership.
- Partners with the Sr. Training Program manager to consult with Harvard IT subject matter experts to identify and aggregate training resources for job function-based curriculums in the LMS.
- Responsible for course set up including ordering catering, managing materials preparation, ensuring a complete inventory of supplies and materials, and setting up classrooms.
- Partners with the Sr. Training Program Manager to run an all IT mentoring program including grouping participants with mentors, communication, and administrative set up.
- Books rooms for future training, ensures facilitators are scheduled and maintains the course calendar.
- Works with facilitators to schedule them for training and other Academy engagement.
- Manages course survey distribution, tracking and results.
- Tracks and manages course completion badging process.
- Tracks and manages ITA expenses.
- Provides administrative support for Harvard's Women in Technology employee resource group and programs including event coordination, reporting, and communication.
- Supports the HUIT/FAD HR team with various adhoc HR administration such as employee letters and temporary staff hiring, onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Supports HR programs and initiatives as needed and acts as backup to the HR Coordinator.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with and ability to learn a myriad of business systems and technology such as analytics programs, PeopleSoft, learning management systems and web publishing software is highly desirable.
- Must have good problem-solving, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, project management and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion and an ability to balance competing priorities and manage time in the face of numerous tasks/projects.
- Must have strong accuracy, attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Strong customer service mindset and ability to influence and effectively interact with a wide variety of University stakeholders.
- Experience in an academic setting is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and walk to various distances across campus.