Machine Maintenance Specialist
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful. Operate high speed stamping presses and auxiliary equipment producing metal connector plates and steel components with manual and automated packaging processes. Quality awareness and accurate production reporting is a major responsibility.
Responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance and repairs of machinery. Proactive individual with exceptional trouble shooting, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical problem solving skills. Maintenance specialists are required to repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, hydraulic pump systems, and production machines and equipment, including, but not limited to, high speed stamping presses, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with stamping operations to ensure plant equipment is operating when necessary, through diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair. Issues may be mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all plant equipment to ensure maximum productivity. Schedules may be directed by manufacturer’s specifications or developed internally.
- Work with stamping operations to focus on improving productivity through the use of improvements in machines, materials, or processes.
- Install and troubleshoot any new equipment as directed.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to work overtime as required, to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Office Hours & Travel: Full Time, Monday-Friday, 5:45am – 2:15pm Minimal Travel
- Safety: Must have an outstanding safety record and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in safety training and meetings.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Report all injuries/accidents near misses immediately to supervisor or a member of management.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions.
- Use equipment and materials properly.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Monitor own work to ensure quality. Apply feedback to improve performance. Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards without diminishing quality of work. Strive to increase productivity. Work at keeping waste down. Complete work in a timely manner.
- Dependability: Take responsibility for own action. Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Willing to work overtime whenever necessary. Follow instructions, responds to management directions.
- Initiative: Readily volunteers. Undertake self-development activities. Seek increased responsibilities. Take independent action. Ask for and offer assistance whenever needed.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
Tampa, Florida, United States