B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
8am - 5pmSite
Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGatOverview
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary:
The VP of Marketing, Pharma and Medical Device, will oversee the product management of the B. Braun Hospital Care portfolio products sold and distributed in the United States and Canada. The position will guide the overall product portfolio development and work effectively to prioritize and manage the various company strategies and targets. The role involves ensuring effective cross-functional communication between Product Marketing, Marketing Operations, Healthcare Strategy and Innovation, Channel Management, R&D, and Sales to determine current and future needs of the customer and align ongoing portfolio development to unmet customer needs. The role will oversee the development and implementation of marketing plans and expense budgets for B. Braun's Hospital Care product portfolio and ensure achievement of organizational goals for each of the individual product groups. The role guides the design and development of new products across many stakeholders, including market research, R&D, and where necessary, clinical and health economic studies to bring value driven technologies and innovation to market that solve customer unmet needs in compliance with regulatory, scientific and legislative standards and requirementsResponsibilities:
- Manage, build and mentor a team of Directors, Group Product Directors, Product Managers and Associate Product Managers that own product and category responsibility for the following tactical, technical, planning, strategic and market oriented tasks;
- Create and maintain an organized product management structure.
- Ensure the attainment of organizational goals for each product group ie; Automation and Infusion Systems, Pain Control, Pharmaceutical & Drug Delivery and IV Systems/Vascular Access.
- Development and implementation of overall business and marketing plans that create alignment and a clear vision that drives successful achievement of objectives.
- Existing Products - Develop/execute existing and new market strategies.
- New Products - Develop/execute market penetration strategies.
- Create and oversee metrics to ensure organization is successfully meeting targets and objectives.
- Price and Profit - Lead collaboration with Directors of Strategic Pricing and Health Economics to develop appropriate price structures for existing and new products and services within the B. Braun portfolio with a focus on greater value to our customers and the patients they serve.
- Provides prioritization and support for tactical requests from sales, engineering and marketing communications, when necessary. Establish metrics and enforcement of effective communication to these stakeholders.
- Provide expertise in the creation of marketing and sales materials and in supporting the selling efforts.
- Oversee the development of product budgets, forecasts, metrics and measures. Monitor and evaluate results.
- Responsible for maintaining and gaining market share in served market segments.
- Develop, implement and maintain competitive terms of sale for our customers.
- Direct effective product launches utilizing our "best practice" tools to meet business objectives.
- Own responsibility for Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- Direct the selection, training, supervision, development and evaluation of employees and approve staffing allocation.
- Oversee product marketing responsibility for the LE sales and expense budget process.
- Collaborate with and support the Healthcare Strategy & Innovation team by participation in selective Cross Functional Solution Incubator programs that will evaluate new business and market opportunities. Provide input and establish market requirements. Assist in defining, developing whole product/healthcare value programs that meet the evolving customer landscape.
- Responsible for ensuring effective cross-functional collaboration in all business areas.
- Perform post mortem (selective) - Gather customer feedback on both wins and losses to gain valuable knowledge that we can employ to improve our market approach.
- Brand - Develop commitments we make to customers, partners, employees and establish benefits beyond features and functionality.
- Focus on the healthcare industry, market, customer and competition.
- Establish PM as the voice of the market back to the company. Be the expert in market needs and product capability. Understand and articulate competitive landscape.
- Represent the customer in new product development projects. Describe market requirements in order to create and position the products to attract the right customers.
- Gather information from external sources, functional areas, customers. Process these inputs to make choices and influence activity.
- Create the vision for where the product is going and how to achieve goals.
- Established effectiveness by finding creative ways to change course to accomplish important objectives even as challenges present themselves.
- Influence decisions that change activities and investments with the highest priority.
- Coordinate tactical efforts across resources that address worthwhile business opportunities.
- Direct trade show activities by appointing show captains to manage booth activities in coordination with the trade show and convention team.
- Prepare a monthly report for CMO on implementation of marketing plans and attainment of goals and objectives.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.Expertise: Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to direct the selection, training, supervision, development, motivation, and evaluation of staff.
- Ability to act independently with a bias for action.
- Ability to effect change.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong alignment with Sales organization.
- Influence - Persuasion and inspiration to make a positive impact. Influence across and up the organization.
- Knowledge of GPO contract structure and strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare distribution channels.
- Ability to perform financial analyses of contract proposals.
- Ability to successfully manage consultative and clinical sales situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate price positioning, contract structuring, and proposal skills with proven results.
- Ability to effectively control capital and operating budgetary expenses.
- Ability to prepare and present executive reports at executive level briefings.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing medical devices.
- Experience in the successful launching of new products and healthcare value programs.
- Experience managing multiple groups of professional individuals and teams.
- General understanding of the US acute (hospital) and non-acute (outpatient) market segments.
- Record of success recruiting, selecting, building, and leading a team of marketing professionals.
- Demonstrated record of successfully working on International teams.
- Business travel required.
- Non-compete agreement.
- Experience in the marketing of infusion pumps, medical devices, critical care, IV therapy and pharmaceutical products and services.
- Experience in the sales of medical products as a Sales Representative or Manager.
- Experience managing mature products.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to bend, twist, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.