Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Research & Development# of Openings
9 hours agoShift/Schedule
M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)Overview
We are looking for an enthusiastic R&D Scientist to join IDT's Product Development team.
The Research Scientist I designs and executes bench scientific experimentation towards the development and characterization of new genomics products mainly in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). The new team member will work collaboratively with a variety of internal teams, track multiple projects, and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with a wide variety of molecular biology techniques and a desire to learn new skills.ResponsibilitiesPosition Specific Duties/Essential Functions
Job Specific Duties/Essential Functions
- Design, develop and execute bench experiments to facilitate building key NGS products
- Collaborate with the bioinformatics team on assay design, data analysis and interpretation
- Accomplish individual goals and collaborate with other team members to meet pre-determined project deadlines
- Applies knowledge of basic science and employs basic laboratory skills to execute bench experiments using variety of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemical and general laboratory techniques as directed.
- Troubleshoots problems of limited to moderate scope, under close supervision.
- Analyzes raw data and reports results.
- Utilizes mathematical, graphical, nucleic acid analysis, and other software aids as needed.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of experimental work.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports for internal use.
- Interacts with and assists other members of the R&D team as needed to meet research & development objectives.
- Presents technical data at group meetings as directed.
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory cleanliness and equipment.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry, or a related life sciences field required.
Position Specific Skills
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Previous lab experience in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, chemistry or other scientific discipline preferred.
- Familiarity with DNA sequence analysis/bioinformatics applications preferred.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Basic molecular biology techniques required
- Nucleic acid amplification/PCR preferred
- Familiarity with NGS platforms preferred
- Handling DNA and RNA samples preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.