Location: Aliso Viejo, California
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.We are looking for a Molecular Pathologist.
In this role, you will be responsible for Molecular Oncology utilizing Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), Sanger sequencing, PCR, fragment analysis or other techniques by performing all necessary tasks involved in the processing of patient samples, with accuracy and efficiency, essential to render a diagnosis and/or prognosis of acquired and inherited molecular genetic oncology disorders/diseases.Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you whyyou'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. It is the common purpose of all NeoGenomics employees to save lives by improving patient CARE through Communication, Accuracy, Reliability, and Efficiency. Our staff physicians, scientists, laboratory professionals, client services representatives, and sales people team up with our clients. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient's disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.Responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Performs interpretation of molecular results to include next generation sequencing as well as electronic release of reviewed cases,
- Performs quality control and assurance procedures and participates in departmental professional quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Participates in day-to-day operations, including molecular case sign out with full time availability to interact with our clients for Pre-Analytical, Analytical, and Post-Analytical questions.
- Provides expertise and assistance to technologists and technicians to resolve case issues.
- Serves as Delegated Clinical Consultant when assigned by site Medical Director.
- Works closely with clinical and administrative staff to insure the highest standards of turnaround time, quality, and customer service are maintained.
- Builds effective relationships with referring physicians and ensures excellent client follow-up.
- Provides input in the decision- making process regarding utilization of state-of-the-art technologies, as well as innovative diagnostic or therapeutic testing in Hematopathology and Solid Tumors.
- Assists in developing new testing services based on medical/scientific advances and patient/client needs.
- Participate in presentations at national scientific meetings, and in preparing publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Supports a culture of collaboration.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director of Chief Medical Officer.
- M.D. or D.O. degree required and M.D/Ph.D., or Ph.D. preferred; Board certification or board eligibility in Molecular Genetics Pathology through the American Board of Pathology or Medical Genetics or Clinical Molecular Genetics through the American Board of Medical Genetics.
- At least two years' experience signing out Molecular Oncology cases working with NGS.
- Travel: less than 10%
- Active unrestricted Medical License to practice in the state of CA; Other state medical licensures a plus.
- Proven track record as a productive member of a multi-disciplinary team, including a willingness to work collaboratively with peers in senior management.
- A consistent track record of obtaining required information related to identifying needs and potential solutions, analyzing or improvising the most appropriate solution, and figuring out and documenting the most appropriate course of action.
- Validated experience using an automated laboratory information system (LIS) which features on-line transcription and reporting, and electronic signature.
- Superior communication, collaboration, business and clinical judgment, emphasis on turnaround time, and organizational development skills are absolutely essential for success.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment toward customer service is critical.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.