Location: Raleigh, NC USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Finance & Accounting
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 3328Description
As an Assistant Business Manager, you will work closely with various leaders to complete accounting, financial administrative activities of designated, typically small to medium size projects, to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and within budget requirements. You will also work closely with the Business Manager to provide guidance on proper accounting principles and practices based on company policy and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Finally, you will partner with other functional leaders to support the various activities required by the business.Responsibilities
- Assist with the Monthly Financial close functions (Financial Reporting packages, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and other financial supporting documentation as necessary)
- Working under the mentorship of the Business Manager, analyze and interpret financial data and statements in order to make recommendations to Management
- Oversee EEO requirements as required (certified payrolls, EEO meeting minutes, DBE payment tracking, OJT) - excluding investigations and leading any training.
- Coordinate subcontract compliance (EEO, Insurance, Bonds, etc)
- Manages the accounts payable and accounts receivable along with the associated payment and collection efforts and detailed records
- Assist with Forecast Reviews with the goal to assume greater responsibility once capabilities are demonstrated
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of financial statements
- Ensures adherence to financial policies, procedures and internal controls
- Assist with project asset inventories
- Complete all state and local sales/use tax filings.
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron's company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 0 to 2 years of experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Prior experience working in construction or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Successful track record of managing multiple projects/assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Should be detail and results oriented
- Must have good judgment, high integrity and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Prior experience working in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Willingness to relocate for career broadening roles helpful
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.