Full TimeShift Type
An interesting and challenging opportunity awaits you. W.B. Mason is a company rich with history and for over 100 years has been driven to satisfy the customer. We are the largest independent distributor of office products in the United States, employing over 1700 people, operating in 11 states and growing! We provide office supplies, foodservice products, furniture and printing solutions at amazingly low prices, with guaranteed free delivery and outstanding personal service to our customers. Quality, integrity, honesty and dependability are what WB Mason customers expect and these same characteristics are what we look for in our employees. If you want to be part of a growing company and are looking to achieve great things, you have come to the right place.
The Collection Specialist will report directly to the Regional AR Supervisor. The candidate must be very flexible and highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork and supporting Company and department goals in a fast-paced high-volume environment.ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of a WB Mason Credit & Collection Specialist include:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Determining each customer's credit worthiness, and their ability to pay what they owe, when reviewing and/or approving orders, and when preparing to collect overdue receivables.
- Steps include checking publicly available information (the customer's social media, the news section of their website, and information available through simple search engine exploration), using credit evaluation tools such as Cortera or Lexis Nexis, and assessing existing account history with W.B. Mason Company.
- Establishing or maintaining credit limits to maximize sales and minimize losses.
- Reviewing weekly aging reports, as well as each account, in order to determine the best way to approach the customer for overdue payments.
- Evaluating and discussing delinquent accounts with Supervisors or Managers in order to establish an action plan to limit potential losses
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned customer accounts including collection calls, account adjustments, small balance write-offs, customer reconciliations, and processing customer refunds.
- Accountable for reducing delinquent dollars for assigned accounts
- Enlisting the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Must communicate and follow-up effectively with sales regarding their customer accounts on a timely basis
- Establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with other collectors, sales, and customer service
- Associates Degree (at a minimum) preferred
- 3-5 years of high volume corporate collections and credit experience
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, analytical
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communications
- Ability to prioritize workload and be a self-starter
- Effectively manage a high volume of credit holds, outgoing and incoming phone calls, and emails
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service with an emphasis on maintaining an ongoing relationship
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined team goals and activity metrics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers for data entry. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
PM18Equal Opportunity Employer
W.B. Mason Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.