NAPA Auto Parts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Id: 264017
Brand: NAPA Auto Parts
Location: Columbus, OH
Major Market: OH – Columbus
Date Posted: March 11, 2019
Are you passionate about retail and giving customers a ""wow"" experience in a customer friendly retail store setting Do you want to be a part of a Fortune 200 Company that is focused on being the leader of changing the Customer Retail Experience now and in the future If your answers are yes, then this Retail Business Development Manager role is for you! We are looking for someone who is engaging and extremely approachable with our customers and employees along with creating product displays that are equally engaging for our customers. We are looking for a retail professional who has customer care and experience in their DNA to serve our retail and wholesale customers. This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Are obsessed with delivering superior customer experiences.
- Being a change agent and being able to communicate the why is your happy place
- Can drive retail growth across assigned territory of district stores.
- Know how to drive our strategy for exceptional retail experience in our retail stores.
- Are a retailer who has already demonstrated a talent for delighting customers and you are looking for the next step in a successful career.
- Enjoy providing retail leadership to a territory of company owned retail stores.
- Welcome being held directly accountable for ensuring overall store standards are maintained to the highest possible level, including, basic housekeeping, planograms, price labels, our of stocks and exemplary customer service.
- Have a passion for fostering a ""one team culture at the store level seeking to change the culture to support enhanced retail as well as existing wholesale business.
A Day in the life:
- Ensure there is a designated retail specialist in all retail impact stores and actively seeks talent to fill these positions, working with local HR teams to source candidates.
- Create succession plans for assigned stores in conjunction with the Store and Area Manager.
- Develop retention plans for all retail positions and facilitates new retail specialist team member onboarding.
- Ensure all stores strictly adhere to the retail store standard guidelines including actions such as all marketing programs implemented on day one of the promotion.
- Establish adherence to daily, weekly and monthly retail processes helping to facilitate superior levels of customer service at all times.
- Coach, mentor, and train store teams in subject matter such as retail basics (basic housekeeping, ePlanogram compliance, shelf label accuracy, out of stock management, promotional programs, etc.), customer service and selling skills (e.g., customer greeting, engaging with customer, add-on sales and solution selling, securing future business, etc.), and in store merchandising (bulk stack outs, end caps, side wings, clip strips, impulse zones, point of sale material and promotional pricing, front and facing the shelves, managing store inventory levels through min/max system, etc.)
- Provide clear and effective communication to all stake holders.
- Develops effective relationships with Store, Area, District and General Managers. Develops regular communication channel between retail specialists.
- Participates in regular teleconference calls with Retail management.
- Provides feedback on process opportunities to the retail team.
What you'll need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate retail essentials such as store merchandising, promotional displays, and price label accuracy.
- 4+ years experience in retail having achieved level of Store Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to lead retail teams and display strong influencing skills.
- Passion for customer service and the ability to communicate, present, and persuade.
- Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Organizational and planning skills, awesome time management, and sense of urgency.
- And if you have this, even better:
- College degree or equivalent sales experience or successful retail management experience preferred.
- Background in the Automotive Industry
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Flexible scheduling
- Company Car
- Bonus Opportunity
- Cell phone allowance
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you dont think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons