SIU School of Medicine is seeking a passionate and motivated individual to assist with subject recruitment into clinical trials in the Center for Clinical Research (CCR). In addition, this position will also provide support for clinical research and/or research development activities in the CCR and participate in research projects for other Departments, as appropriate. Minimum requirement is Bachelor’s Degree in an area relevant to the position. Candidates should possess a basic understanding of the policies and guidelines that govern clinical research activities; strong interpersonal skills necessary to maintain cooperative working relationships; strong organizational and analytical skill.
Interested individuals should apply directly for the clinical research specialist position with a letter of interest accompanied by a resume at SIU’s Jobs website at http://www.siumed.edu/hr.
SIU School of Medicine is an AA/EEO employer.
Marketing Communications, General-Other: Marketing-Product, Brand-Product Marketing, Clinical Research, General-Other: Sales-Business Development, General-Other: Medical-Health, Recruiting-Sourcing
- Graduate of an accredited college with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an area relevant to the position.
- Sensitive to the needs of underrepresented minority populations.
- Previous clinical, research, marketing and/or customer service experience is preferred.
- Passionate and outgoing personality with the ability and desire to be a self-starter.
- Must have interpersonal skills necessary to maintain cooperative working relationships with CCR employees, physician faculty, and other research staff.
- Must have basic computer skills and be proficient with software packages including, but not limited to, MS Office (Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have analytical skills necessary in order to gather, organize, and tabulate data.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and medical terminology.