Job Title: Training Specialist FLSA: Full-time; Exempt
Supervised by: Manager of Client Service
ADVISA is a leadership consulting firm and we exist to improve the world one leader at a time. We help leaders optimize their talent to achieve desired business results. ADVISA provides assessments, customized learning experiences, as well as strategic consulting and coaching to help leaders more effectively
1) Diagnose whether their people are ready, willing and able to execute the organization's strategy
2) Design the org structure and talent development programs to support the achievement of desired results
3) Hire for job fit
4) Inspire performance
5) Engage hearts and minds to create a healthy, magnetic work culture
ADVISA is a proud Certified Partner of The Predictive Index® system - a global, scientifically-validated, talent optimization platform that helps leaders align their people strategy with their business strategy.
The focus of this position is to deliver in-person and virtual training to ADVISA’s 300+ clients around the country, and to collaborate with the ADVISA team to enhance participant learning and drive client retention. The position will provide training for different levels in an organization including senior leaders, mid-level leaders, front-line leaders, and individual performers.
- Deliver The Predictive Index® portfolio of programs including, but not limited to, the following: What Drives People, Becoming a PI Practitioner, Managing People to Perform, Attracting + Selecting Top Performers, Customer-Focused Selling™, Influencing for Results™
- Deliver ADVISA’s portfolio of leadership development programs including, but not limited to, the following: The Emerging Leader virtual series, Management Essentials, in-person or virtual, ADVISA Leadership Academy, Cummins Front-line Manager and Front-line Coaching, Topical short courses
- Meet and exceed professional standards in training adult learners through preparation and execution
- Monitor new technologies and other industry advancements that help create meaningful learner experiences that drive behavior change
- Attend ADVISA company meetings and events
- Collaborate with the Product Team and the Client Success Team to continually improve both the content and delivery of our programs as well as outcomes for clients
- Communicate with Vice President of Sales and Leadership Consultants about insights gained through client interactions, experiences, and results of training
These are performance expectations that reflect our Core Values. All employees regardless or role, rank or title are expected to uphold these values and consistently demonstrate these behaviors.
- We tell the truth and inspire the trust of others in terms of our competence, communication and character.
- We keep our commitments and proactively manage expectations to avoid misunderstandings with internal and external customers.
- We professionally represent the company and the brand, and display sound judgement.
Family and Balance
- Doing our jobs is important, but family comes first.
- We proactively manage our workload and calendar so that our family priorities are protected and work commitments are honored.
- We respect and take care of ourselves by taking time off for vacation, fun and rejuvenation.
- Internal and external work is completed to a high standard of quality. Risks are anticipated and proactively addressed.
- We take personal accountability for our individual and collective success. One is not more important than the other and we don’t point fingers and place blame.
- We offer solutions, ideas and options instead of complaints and criticism.
- We seek opportunities to continuously improve.
- We are positive and helpful to our colleagues.
- We assume positive intent and treat each other with respect.
- We honor and recognize the accomplishments of others.
- We know that we succeed only when our clients do, therefore we always act in our clients’ best interests.
- We will do our best to amaze our internal and external customers with the promptness of our response and the value of our service.
- We haven’t learned if we haven’t changed.
- We learn from our mistakes, accepting feedback as a gift and giving it to others thoughtfully and with kindness.
- We pursue outside learning opportunities to stay sharp and fully engaged.
These capture the critical behaviors for success in this role.
Business Insight: Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Uses knowledge of business to help participants create meaning from the content and learning experience.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared goals. Partners with others to get work done.
- Interpersonal savvy: Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
- Persuades: Positions views appropriately to gain support. Influences others to take action. Responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others.
- Situational adaptability: Picks up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment. Understands that different situations may call for different approaches. Can act differently depending on the circumstances and quickly picks up client vocabulary.
- Communicates effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others and checks for understanding. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts communication content and style to meet the needs of different stakeholders.
- Values quality and structure: Seeks to understand and maintain the integrity of existing programs. Seeks input and guidance before making content, process and/or instructional design adaptations to programs.
- 40 hours/week plus travel
- Based in Carmel, IN office
- Frequent travel required – up to 8 nights away per month
Annual salary negotiable depending on fit
Opportunity to participate in 401k, profit sharing and stock program