The Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships, under the direction and direct supervision of the Director, Corporate Partnerships, is responsible for building relationships with high-level corporate partners to secure six and seven figure multi-year gifts, and identifying and securing funding for our programs, initiatives and operations. New business development is the primary responsibility, which will include identifying brand alignment and promoting KaBOOM! programs to corporations and corporate foundations as a business solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure new restricted and unrestricted partnership revenue in excess of $2.5M across multiple business lines in support of the organization-wide revenue target of $30M.
- Cultivate a portfolio of prospective partners in your assigned geographic region and/or industry.
- Clearly articulate the KaBOOM! value proposition taking prospects through all phases of the business development cycle, including sales calls and meetings, proposal development, presentations, appropriate follow up, letters of agreement, budgets and contract negotiations and relationship management.
- Create written weekly/monthly reports and updates to Director regarding goals, pipeline development and revenue projections.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to implement programs in alignment with the organization's strategic goals and to meet all contractual obligations.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the KaBOOM! mission, strategic plan, culture, values, history, programs and initiatives, and stay abreast of trends in corporate philanthropy.
- Actively contribute to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience in new business revenue generation, fundraising programs and/or direct sales and securing six and seven figure multi-year gifts.
- Proven strategic prospecting and pipeline management skills with direct experience managing against overall revenue goals.
- Cause marketing and/or experience in both non-profit and corporate environments a plus.
- Exceptional and persuasive written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with staff, community leaders and senior level executives.
- Ability to travel to assigned territory, build events and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the KaBOOM! brand and our values professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver; able to balance tension between partner expectations and organizational capabilities, strategies and results.
- Advanced CRM skills (Salesforce preferred) and expertise in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook).
- Passion for the vision and mission of KaBOOM!. Strong interest in the importance of play in the well-being of children, particularly the 16 million American children in underserved areas.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player, self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple tasks and goals with high ethical standards, tact and diplomacy.