KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play so they can thrive.
The Manager, Strategic Communications is responsible for the internal and external communications for KaBOOM! initiatives, including partnership promotion related to major corporate funders and city partnerships; media opportunities; internal communications; events and conferences; playspace projects and overall communications activities. S/he is also responsible for ensuring the integrity of and helping to maintain all external KaBOOM! communications assets and assisting in the development of marketing collateral, as well as social media planning.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute communications strategies to support the overall KaBOOM! mission and vision
- Provide strategic guidance and content to support partner programs and outreach plans for new partner leads
- Lead the creation of content for internal and external needs, including press releases, one-pagers, talking points, quotes, blogs, newsletters, annual reports, conferences, videos, special events, campaigns, etc.
- Offer an internal “client service” type experience, demonstrating the ability to manage priorities while maintaining strong relationships with internal, cross-functional team members
- Act as project manager – creating timelines and action plans to drive key projects to completion
- Build relationships with media, seeking opportunities to highlight our work
- Provide counsel on social media strategies for communications plans that drive national and local engagement
- Provide media guidance and support for high-profile KaBOOM!-led playground builds
- 7+ years of marketing and communications experience along with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- Outstanding written communication skills including experience preparing press releases, news articles, presentations, video scripts, reports and promotional content
- Outstanding verbal communication skills including experience giving presentations and working with the media at events and conducting interviews
- Demonstrated success pitching and working with members of the media
- Ability to work effectively in informal and formal teams with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to proactively manage multiple work tasks in a timely, efficient manner
- Working knowledge of online media tracking tools
- Corporate and non-profit experience is strongly desired
- Design and video creation experience is a plus
KaBOOM! is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to bringing balanced and active play into the daily lives of all kids, particularly those growing up in poverty in America. We believe play is essential to a child's wellbeing and development, which leads to a healthy future. We work every day to ensure that kids living in underserved areas have access to the play they need to thrive. Our future depends on it!
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Individuals interested in applying for this position are encouraged to go to kaboom.org/careers/currentopenings and select Manager, Strategic Communications.
To be considered for this position, please use your communications skills by including a thoughtful cover letter along with your resume with your application.