Clean Vehicles Program
Union of Concerned Scientists
Join a dynamic, fast-paced, and interdisciplinary team at the Union of Concerned Scientists. The Clean Vehicles Program is working on a nation-wide campaign to cut oil use, reduce climate emissions, protect public health, save consumers money, and create jobs. The Outreach Coordinator will develop and implement campaign organizing activities, engage activists and experts in online and offline actions and build relationships with strategic partners in ways that complement the work of analytic and policy staff. Work to defend strong federal clean car and truck standards from anti-science regulatory attacks, bolster key Congressional targets to protect against legislative attacks and hold the line with oversight, and push back on corporate interests spreading misinformation.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant and comparable experience in campaign organizing and policy advocacy.
- Demonstrated success with working with volunteers, grassroots organizing, coalition building, and/or online and offline mobilization tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is expected. Ability to interact professionally with individuals with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and responsibilities.
- Excellent persuasive writing and oral communication skills for a general audience with attention to accuracy. Ability to represent UCS’ work to both general public and expert audiences.
- Requires strong web research and computer skills using Microsoft Office. Significant self-motivation, strong personal time management, project management, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills are essential. The ability to work both independently and in teams in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and deadlines is required.
- Familiarity with federal regulatory and legislative political process is a plus.
- Knowledge of transportation and climate issues is a plus, or enthusiasm for in-depth content learning.
- Knowledge of online email management and database software a plus.
- Bi-lingual or conversationally fluent in Spanish a plus.