2018-1475# of Openings
9 hours agoCategory
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager; the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for spearheading continuous improvement projects, drafting and design of plant layout visions and value stream transformations, providing concept designs for support equipment used in manufacturing processes, collaborating with Project Engineering on NPI and potential DFM opportunities, creating standard work for manufacturing processes, and ultimately eliminating waste in manufacturing processes using lean manufacturing tools. This position is located at our Mayville location. Recent graduates encouraged to apply.Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes by studying current product manufacturing methods, determining root cause corrective action plans, and successfully implementing solutions to the floor.
- Draft and design plant layout visions in AutoCAD presenting equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate lean manufacturing product flow.
- Provide concept designs, prototypes, and pre-production samples for development testing related to continuous improvement projects as well as NPI.
- I.E. - tooling fixtures, material handling equipment, lifting equipment, and other support equipment used in manufacturing processes.
- Participate in APQP meetings with Project Engineering and cross functional manufacturing teams on major NPI projects to effectively implement to production floor. Ensure that all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result.
- Provide "hands on" Manufacturing Engineering support during rollout of new projects to the production floor.
- Collaborate design changes with the Project Engineering team and assist customers with DFM opportunities.
- Facilitate re-occurring continuous improvement project meetings.
- Compile data to present ROI justifications for capital expenditures.
- Manage large scale capital projects.
- Create standard work for manufacturing processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, and proven ability to implement and teach lean tools.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC strategy used to improve, optimize, and stabilize manufacturing processes and designs.
- Possess strong ME and IE skill sets that will be utilized in value stream transformations.
- Strong knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software design tools to assist in plant layout proposals, and designing of manufacturing process support equipment.
- AutoCAD, PTC CREO, and FEA experience is a plus.
- Able to design and think analytically and creatively while keeping safety and cost in mind.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Able to read manufacturing blueprints, and working knowledge of GD&T.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to operate on own initiative with minimal supervision, but also contribute as a team member working within the Manufacturing Engineering team and other cross functional teams.
Education or Equivalents experience:
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field. Recent graduates encouraged to apply!
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity