Legal - LegalWork Type:
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website www.amyris.com.
Amyris is seeking a senior attorney, experienced in M&A and commercial transactions. This senior attorney will work closely with other members of the Amyris Legal Team, manage outside counsel, and coordinate with transverse partners across the Company. This position reports to the General Counsel. Responsibilities
- The candidate must have significant experience drafting and negotiating complex technology transactions.
- He/she must be able to function as the lead lawyer on transactions such as collaboration arrangements, strategic partnerships and joint ventures, and manufacturing and supply agreements. Most of the transactions will have significant intellectual property components, making proficiency in licensing and related IP concepts a must.
- The attorney will also be responsible for providing legal support through the implementation/integration phase of various collaborations.
- He/she will independently assist if needed in the processing of the Company's non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, license agreements and research agreements.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable doing a significant amount of original drafting; will be interested in learning about complex technology and the market standards applicable to the Company's products across a variety of jurisdictions; and will be willing to manage multiple transactions simultaneously.
- J.D. from a top-tier U.S. law school
- 15+ years of law firm and in-house experience
- In-house experience at tech company, preferred; experience in bioscience/biotech, strongly preferred
- Keen business acumen and ability to partner with business clients
- Experience with intellectual property transactions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills including maturity, creativity and a high energy level
- Team-oriented, with ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management
- Ability to work both independently and to positively influence the direction of a small team
- Licensed to practice law in California or registered as in-house counsel
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures