Mark. G. Anderson Consultants, Inc.
Los Angeles, CaliforniaGENERAL SUMMARY:
MGAC started in 1996 with three simple goals: to do the most interesting and challenging work, to have fun working together, and to build a successful business in the process. Our success in project and program management, cost + risk management, procurement + relocation management, and building technology integration services is rooted in hiring exceptional people who are driven to do exceptional work on once in a lifetime projects with the integrity, creativity, and commitment that continues to separate us from our competitors.
The Office Coordinator will support the LA Office in partnership with MGACs Headquarters Office in DC. Responsibilities include: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the planning and execution of regional office events, including internal meetings, new business and/or client meetings, and regional employee functions as directed by the VPs/MD and HQ Office Manager.
- Maintains and manages calendars for VPs / MDs, this includes scheduling meetings, coordinating and confirming appointments, and other administrative support as necessary.
- Assists senior level staff with documents, travel arrangements, expense reports, time sheet entry.
- Manages, maintains and is the main point of contact for office space, all office supplies, all office equipment, and errands. This includes managing relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord.
- Manage security access to the regional office for all employees.
- Partners with the Human Resources department at the HQ and assists with regional onboarding coordination, as well as any other administrative tasks as needed.
- Manages regional office moves, furniture and desk coordination with employees.
- Coordinates with IT department on IT office equipment (e.g. polycom system, computers, printers).
- Acts as the Office Receptionist answering the main phone line, coordinating deliveries, greeting visitors, maintaining conference room calendars, set up and break down of meetings, ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Develops and implements regional office policies in collaboration with the HQ Office Manager by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the regional office.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Manages and maintains internal project information and project documentation.
- Assists in developing and maintaining schedules for team resources.
- Assists with technical preparation of reports.
- Coordinates fee proposals, contracts and authorizations to invoice with VPs/MDs as required.
- Maintains Cost & Risk and Project Management Financial information with VPs/MDs as required.
- Maintains Cost & Risk and Project Management Databases with VPs/MDs as required.
- Ensures Cost & Risk and Project Management Processes are consistently followed and Maintained.
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Word, InDesign, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CRM and Cloud Database Systems
- Works under tight deadlines and goes above and beyond
- Manages multiple assignments concurrently
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS:
- Positive attitude
- Integrity - behaves consistently with the MGAC Way
- Flexibility is flexible with the ever-changing world of technology, design, construction, and means and methods
- Time Management understands and knows what tasks are more important than others and what needs to be solved immediately and what can wait; able to multi-task effectively; excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive takes initiative and seeks responsibility
- Self-development seeks continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to recognize quality
- Ability to consistently demonstrate concise verbal and written communication, and create clear and accurate documentation
- Ability to generate creative ideas to improve performance.
Reaching above and below, stooping, and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, files, and performs specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office, flexibility, and an ability to thrive in an open work environment.