Seton Hall Sports PropertiesLocation
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 130 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic department's at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield Directors' Cup. Learfield also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies. Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: build the team, grow the company, and have fun."
Seton Hall Sports Properties is Learfield's local, dedicated entity representing Seton Hall University. In complete collaboration with the university, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the Pirates' brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base. As exclusive multimedia rights holder for Seton Hall University, Seton Hall Sports Properties manage all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with both traditional and new media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and digital engagement and visibility via the official athletics website
; and radio game broadcasts and coaches' shows.
Our growing sponsorship business seeks an accomplished General Manager to join our Seton Hal Sports Properties team located on the Seton Hall University campus in South Orange, NJ. If you're interested in combining your passion for sports with a successful track record in sales execution and leadership, we want to speak with you! Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience creating corporate marketing partnerships. You will be responsible for creating and selling corporate sponsorships that drive sustainable revenue for the athletic program.
The General Manager reports directly to a Regional Vice President of Learfield and is responsible for the planning, implementation and administration of the relationship between the university and the sports property as well as selling and servicing school sponsorship accounts.Responsibilities
- The General Manager reports directly to a Regional Vice President of Learfield and is responsible for the planning, implementation and administration of the relationship between the university and the sports property as well as selling and servicing school sponsorship accounts.
- Partners closely with athletic department staff with the objective of managing the sports property efforts to ensure the highest attainable level of success. This includes:
- Developing strong relationships within the department
- Understanding the strategic goals and objectives of the department
- Determining University's fit within primary market
- Deliver on your individual and team revenue goals thorough the selling of brand advertising, corporate sponsorships and other revenue producing opportunities as defined by Learfield and the University
- Develop and maintain strong, lasting relationships with both current and potential corporate sponsors
- Develop, implement and review strategic business plans, including sales/financial performance and new product development
- Partner with Regional Vice President to develop an annual fiscal budget for the entire property
- Ensure sales team effectively leverages internal support groups such as Integrated Marketing, Research and Digital in order to drive sales
- Supervise the school's respective broadcasting talent and work closely with Learfield operations/production staff to ensure the highest quality in programming, production, syndication, coverage and presentation.
- Help recruit, manage and train all support staff, including Coordinators (activation staff), game day assistants, and any third party vendors who participate in the execution of property related activities
- Develop and model a strong team-based selling culture, where encouragement and partnership are recognized and rewarded
- Maintain flexible work hours including sporting and non-sporting events that may occur on weeknights or weekends
- 7+ years of experience in corporate sponsorship sales and sales management
- Natural ability to establish and maintain genuine, lasting relationships
- Successful track record in selling and retaining accounts at the local, regional, and national level
- High energy level coupled with a strong drive for results
- Extremely motivated to succeed; strong competitive spirit
- Able to develop and execute strategic plans in order to meet both short and long term business objectives
- Able to effectively manage change and bring others along with you
- Effective problem solving abilities
- Strong commitment to building a learning culture that benefits yourself and your staff