SCS is seeking an energetic Marketing Manager to oversee our West Coast Regional Marketing Team. This is a great opportunity for someone that has business development experience in the A/E/C industry. This individual will be responsible for proposal writing, management of production team and staff, assisting with large regional proposal efforts, creating and maintaining collateral material, conducting market research and planning, managing trade show materials including booths, artwork and SWAG, supporting Office and Strategic Planning efforts, supporting Federal pursuits, and many other marketing and promotional activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage West Coast Production Department-this includes profit center wide responses to formal RFI, RFB, RFP documents (average 100 formal RFP responses annually).
- Review all incoming RFP/RFQs and bid portal announcements (Planet Bids, BidSync, city and county bids) based on discipline, distribute RFP internally to appropriate technical and management staff.
- Manage West Coast marketing staff. Review all draft documents prepared by staff; coordinate monthly production staff meetings; manage staff interactions with colleagues and professional staff.
- Provide strong BD support to Environmental Services (ES), Solid Waste (SW), Sustainable Materials Management (SMM), Field Services Operations and Maintenance (FS-O&M), Field Services Construction, Corporate and Federal practices.
- Provide strong BD support to project managers and directors throughout the profit center and company-wide. Assist in scheduling meetings, attending meetings, meeting follow up, preparation of materials, provision of SWAG, collateral, etc.
- Serve as primary PR representative to Cook and Schmidt. Participate in monthly conference call; provide C&S info to enable draft PR development; assist with coordination of bylined articles and case studies; completion of ENR and other surveys; coordination of internal responses to requests for information from C&S.
- Manage the tabletop booths, the federal booth and associated artwork.
- Implement and track client survey maintenance of materials and inventory (cookies, coffee, etc.); report numbers during quarterly ESSWG updates.
- SOQs/Proposals. Regional: Ensure resources and marketing materials are in place and coordinate regional/statewide efforts with satellite offices as required. Coordinate assignment of Opportunity Number in Vision; Assign RFPs to appropriate production staff (or handle myself); track progress, assist as needed, participate in strategy calls, and provide final review of all Production based proposals submitted. Keep internal Statement of Qualifications as current as possible and accessible to staff. Organize, schedule and manage proposal efforts for various disciplines including writing, edit, layout, production of proposals and qualification packages. Graphics development. Project team member identification and team development. Lead rehearsals and participate in project interviews. Work with Administrative department on ensuring sufficient supplies, printing capabilities etc.
- Client and Business Development. Strategic planning with Environmental Services Southwest Group (ESSWG); manage all ES marketing campaigns, assist with preparation of Strategic Plan and Office Plans; prepare quarterly campaign reports for Strategic Initiatives; maintain Key Client lists and work with ES staff on Key Client participation. Prepare Key Client and Law Firm quarterly reports for ESSWG Group.
- Prepare Monthly Opportunity and Backlog Reports for monthly conference call; submit to group early; track changes made during call; ensure Vision gets updated with changes discussed.
- Work with technical staff to identify, pursue, and develop business leads. Includes contacting prospective and existing clients, attendance and participation in local, regional, and national conferences and trade shows, and activity in key industry organizations.
- Prepare monthly input to Solid Waste spreadsheet tracking opportunities, proposals, interviews, trade shows, etc. Assist with development of Office Plan including input to all sections.
- Marketing Planning. Coordinate with national offices regarding practice areas, strategic initiatives, and Corporate Communications. Participate in strategic, office, and marketing planning efforts. Work with national staff to promote adjustments to marketing approach, develop SWOT analyses, offer guidance on branding, resource allocation, and, utilization of Vision.
- Marketing Research. Establish research methodologies and monitor lead tracking services. Publish lead reports and findings to business development and project management staff. Report opportunities, issues, and trends in markets of interest. Capture intelligence in Deltek Vision.
- Promotional Activity. Develop and implement proactive marketing efforts including production of collateral materials including, press releases, postcards, brochures, manuals, reports, and letters. Initiate holiday card and client gift distribution. Information, Resource, and Organizational Management. Provide training to technical staff in style guide use, marketing, and business development. Assist with recruitment, hiring, and team building. Promote actions for organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Delegate and supervise marketing activities assigned to administrative/marketing support function. (Project descriptions, database work, SOQs, proposals, and rosters).
- Federal BD. Work with West coast and East coast federal BD Managers on proposals, conferences, teaming arrangements with small(8a) and other disadvantaged firms.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's in business administration (MBA) or designation as a Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the engineering/architecture/construction field.
- Proficiency in graphics design, sales techniques, and/or servant leadership also desired but considered optional.
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with minimal supervision. Organized and diligent in carrying out a project development program in concert with the firms other, parallel operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Good listener. Maintains frequent contact with clients, prospective clients, and colleagues alike.
- Personable, able to work cooperatively with others and to foster a team spirit with all levels of staff.
- Valid driver's license and driving record in good standing required.