Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., is one of the worlds foremost suppliers of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps. We offer unmatched reliability, quality and safety. As part of the Nikkiso Company global organization, our original technologies provide our customers with the confidence in knowing they are receiving the latest technology and the highest standards of engineering available.
We are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada and we offer a full range of submerged pumps for LNG, LPG, LEG, LN2, liquid propylene and many other liquefied gases. With design, production and test facilities in both the United States and Japan, sales offices in Las Vegas, Houston, London and Tokyo, Nikkiso Cryo offers prompt and full support for all of our customers worldwide. For more information please visit www.nikkisocryo.com.
The Junior Test Technician assists with the technical product testing services and ensuring that products are functioning optimally. The Junior Test Technician also provides assistance with all other department needs..Requirements:
• Assists with installations and pulling pumps from tanks
• Performs service, repair and replacement of NCI Cryogenic Pump Test Facility (CPTF) instrumentation, systems and components
• Assists in the operation of the CPTF
• Files reports, daily emissions and flare run times
• Assists with test stand change outs of tanks, columns, valves and pipe sections
• Helps clean up and organize cables, parts, test jigs, fittings and instruments
• Assists the Test Technicians with other departmental needs
• May work to assist Operations from time to time or as needed.
• This list is not all-inclusive, and tasks not mentioned here may be required
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• Basic knowledge of low voltage handling, electric motors, instrumentation assemblies and MCC equipment
• Basic knowledge of vibration systems
• Effective communication and organization skills to coordinate efforts between various departments including Design, Quality, Engineering, Operations, and customers
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Work, Access, Power Point, etc.)
Work Environmental and Physical Demands:
• In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls
• Overtime may be necessary as the workload dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays
• Job will generally be performed in a shop/office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Candidates may be required to show a driving abstract with a clean driving history for travel between the NCI facility locations and client offices as required. A valid drivers license is necessary
Environmental Safety Requirements:
• New Employee Safety Training is required by all newly hired employees, including Safety Awareness
• All safety related training is provided and tracked by the EHS Director
• Job specific training modules deemed necessary by employees Manager or Director will be required of all employees on an ongoing basis
Employees are required to wear Nikkiso provided PPE as/when needed. PPEs include, safety shoes/electrical hazard shoes, safety glasses, face shields, FR clothing, cryogenic gloves, cryogenic apron, cut resistant gloves, safety gloves, hearing protection, hard hats & dust masks. Failure to comply with Nikkiso Cryo safety requirements will result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.
Experience and Education:
• High School diploma or equivalent is required
• 1+ years experience in a similar role
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted.