Electric Power Systems is a NETA Certified, Independent Electrical Testing & Engineering Organization. We specialize in commissioning, start up, and maintenance testing for Utility, Industrial, Transit, Data Centers, and Commercial Facilities. At Electric Power Systems, we are committed to promoting a culture of safety within our organization and along side all of our clients. Our dedication to providing safe and reliable services has made us a trusted industry leader since 1977.
EPS is one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. Apply today and be a part of a team that provides an exceptional level of service and talent. Responsibilities
Commissioning Engineer | Area Engineer Managed-Task services as follows:
• Perform substation field engineering, including work plan preparation and project testing functions of Area Engineers in the commissioning of new or modified transmission facilities.
• Review, revise, and/or develop isolation and restoration work plans, perform preparation of integrated functional test plans, and performance of functional tests (contractor's lead AE will review any work plans that require second review).
• Direct troubleshooting efforts, including plan development and execution to resolve functional test deficiencies.
• Perform the mark-up of field change drawings, discrepancy lists and project closure packages within 30 days of project in-service date.
• Provides on-site support to Design Engineering, Substation Construction and to Transmission Service Center Managers engaged in the construction, operation, and maintenance of Customer's transmission system as relates to design philosophy and providing field information/valid requirements.
• Provide technical guidance on unusual or complex problems ensuring customer design standards are maintained.Qualifications
• Review Utility Customer and contract drawings for constructability.
• Assure all Trip Circuits are analyzed and isolated to prevent inadvertent trips during construction and testing.
• Develop intermediate steps as required to implement new design, including, but not limited to, auxiliary temporary circuits to provide requested services during construction.
• Perform power equipment testing and relay calibrations
• Perform Specialty Engineering Services as requested
• Deliverables, Development, Revision, and/or Isolation and Restoration Work Plan, Functional Test Plans, Performance of Functional Tests and appropriate documentation of performance.Additional Requirements:
• Field - Marked Drawings
• Discrepancy Reports
• Closure Reports
• Weekly Status Reports to Technical Contract Manager
• Troubleshooting Plans, as requested
• Test/Calibration Data
EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.