Regular Full-Time# of Openings
Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville Overview
Construction Managers oversee all aspects of additions and renovations at our communities, collaborating with the Vice President of Construction and Development in the coordination of design and Project activities for both newly acquired and existing properties. The primary objective is to build value in communities that ensure the best quality of life for the residents of Commonwealth Senior Living. Areas of Responsibility
In Collaboration with the Vice President of Construction and Development
- Ensures the timely commencement and delivery of multiple projects.
- Complete projects within approved budget/s.
- Provides accurate and timely budget and cash flow information to Accounting.
- Provides information/updates as required by Lenders.
- Develops an integrated project plan outlining roles and responsibilities, timelines, budgets, and key milestones.
- Maintains high level of communication within the project team, and the CSL community as a whole, to assure all stakeholders are kept properly informed of project activities.
- Effectively communicates necessary details to the Vice President of Construction and Development.
- Displays a willingness to take initiative to make decisions, exhibits excellent judgment, effectively articulates reasoning behind decisions made and includes appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Oversees the design process with Architects in conjunction with Civil, Structural, and MEP design.
- Manages the contractor selection and competitive bidding process to develop and ensure compliance with Project budgets and timelines.
- Manages the FF&E process: sourcing, procurement, and installation.
- Assists the Vice President of Maintenance/Capital Expenditures in overseeing property condition assessment for existing communities on an annual basis, developing annual CAPEX plan based on findings, and coordinating execution of the CAPEX plan.
- Broad experience in Construction & Development
- Ability to travel extensively
- Experience managing complex project, competing deadlines