Location: New York, NY USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2858Description
As Director of Preconstruction - Alternative Delivery Pursuits, you will be responsible for pursuit efforts across multiple markets and divisions of the company. You will coordinate with multiple business departments (Business Development, Estimating, Design Management, Technical Services and the Proposal Department) across the company, offering you the opportunity to lead pursuits for landmark projects in heavy civil construction.Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Pursuit Managers and other department staff to ensure pursuit teams are sufficiently staffed to implement the company's strategic initiatives to win new work.
- Manage pursuit efforts across business functions, including Joint Venture (JV) Partners, Subcontractors, Sub-consultants, etc. to successfully submit pursuit deliverables while adhering to Flatiron's high quality standards.
- Manage pursuit team(s) to ensure Statement of Qualifications (SOQs), Technical Proposals, Pricing Proposals, Bids, etc. are developed in compliance with project contract documents and Flatiron standards.
- Develop and manage pursuit schedule in conjunction with the project specific Pursuit Manager and other department staff.
- Develop and manage pursuit budgets; internal BRC process documents; and opportunity and risk matrix for project pursuits.
- Participate in ongoing market analysis on current and future opportunities and develop and execute strategic plans to position Flatiron for success.
- Coordinate with and assist senior personnel on all major teaming decisions, including JV partners, designers, concessionaires, and any other appropriate parties.
- Lead and/or coordinate commercial discussions (JV Agreements, Design Agreements etc.) with respective to counterparts from the JV and designers.
- Coordinate with business unit leaders and identify/attend industry events related to upcoming opportunities, establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders and industry/project influencers.
- Ensure the active involvement of Flatiron's internal engineering and technical services department throughout the pursuit process.
- Lead the Proposal preparation team on behalf of Flatiron in joint ventures or sole pursuits, take overall responsibility for the preparation and submission of compliant and competitive proposals.
- Be responsible for the overall coordination of estimating and proposal development efforts, working with the proposal and estimating teams. Ensuring proposal development staff liaises with Estimators for final budget and price confirmation.
- Facilitate all bid reviews (internal, external, JV etc) to advance the proposal to final successful submission
- Complete proposal close-out report after proposal submission, in coordination with the Lead Estimator.
- Oversee the transition from the bid/proposal team to the operations execution team.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent training and experience is required.
- 10+ years' experience leading complex pursuits in the heavy civil industry or related field.
- 5+ years' experience leading design build and alternate delivery pursuits. Demonstrated experience working in joint venture/concessionaire environments is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of contract procurement including Design-Build and P3 pursuit process for transportation projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading partnering and teaming agreements.
- Proven leadership, communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, including experience negotiation matters on behalf of the JV as they relate to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors.
- Previous leadership and/or active involvement in multiple associated industry organizations is preferred.
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.