Draws patient blood samples from neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations following established aseptic techniques, either within the department or in other patient care areas as necessary including home draws and nursing home patients.
- Collects throat and nasal cultures
- Assists in answering the telephone inquiries
- Participates in capillary blood collection, billing/registration of non-patient specimens as well as patients coming to out patient to be drawn and/or dropping off specimens, specimen processing and other appropriate assignments.
- Collects chain of custody "post accident" urines for Company Care clients and handles random employee urine drug screens for LMH.
- Maintains supplies in outpatient and blood draw baskets checking expiration date and documenting in log book.
- Maintains positive patient/specimen identification and patient confidentiality.
- Documents instructions to patients for collection of specimen in log book.
Minimum requirement, high school diploma or GED.
- Work requires a high school level of knowledge and the ability to understand laboratory tests offered and the types of specimens required for these tests.
- Must be able to pass the National Certification for Phlebotomists Test within two years of being employed. Continued employment is contingent upon this requirement.
- Maintains compliance with safety equipment following OSHA regulations.
- Maintains certification in CPR.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to provide care for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient population.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors protected by law.