Microspace is the world’s largest provider of broadcast data and audio satellite services. Signals are received by more than 200,000 terminals in over 35 countries around the world. Founded in 1988, Microspace Communications is a pioneer in innovative broadband solutions for established and emerging enterprise applications, including digital signage, digital cinema, multimedia entertainment, corporate communications, radio broadcasting, wireless messaging and private data networks. We are now looking to hire a VP & GM to lead our team.
- Fiduciary responsibility and Sales and Marketing oversight to grow the revenue of the company.
- You will own engineering and operations oversight to provide world-class services to customers on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Financial and General & Administrative oversight to support the needs of the company’s actions.
- Meeting with and providing presentations to Fortune 100 company’s staffs, as well as small entrepreneurs, is essential to the success of this position.
- Create service quotations based upon expressed needs by clients and prospects.
- Work with corporate support departments, such as; Human Resources, Financial & Accounting and Legal.
- Negotiate vendor agreements including satellite owners, internet providers and cellular service providers.
- The company has two operational sites, therefore overseeing service levels from multiple sites is important.
- Constantly explore new technologies, including hardware and software, to keep the company on the leading edge of current and future services.
- Oversight of industry trends, including FCC regulations, to assure the company is in compliance and that the company’s services can continue.
- Travel to customers, prospects, vendor meetings and trade shows is expected.
- Knowledge of satellite services, including Ku-band and C-band, is fundamentally important.
- Knowledge of internet services, including cloud-computing services, is important.
- Knowledge of cellular services, including 3G, 4G-LTE and 5G, is important.
- Experience with budgeting and updating financial reports is important.
- Highly organized individual who is able to multi-task in dynamic work environment.
- Being available 24x7x365 is required for emergency responses and critical decision making.
- Bachelor degree required. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a senior executive in the telecommunications industry, including financial responsibilities, is required.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.