2018-1446# of Openings
US-WI-Beaver DamPosted Date
8 hours agoCategory
The Tool & Die Maker is responsible for all aspects of in-house tool manufacturing, maintenance, development and testing activities to maximize productivity and maintain the highest level of workmanship.
This role will ensure all tools are produced efficiently, on time and in line with quality standards.Responsibilities
Qualifications Education and/or Experience
- Provide specialized technical advice and support on all aspects of tool design and manufacturing
- Support Production through technical tooling problems and ensure overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Manage and plan activities of the tool room facilities; ensuring the tool room is a safe environment.
- Develop proposals on new equipment or tool designs that can be assessed for their impact in performance terms.
- Examine blueprints to determine tool requirements and special materials or items to be ordered.
- Consult with design staff in the design of tooling used in production and inspection activities.
- Estimate work hour requirements for completion of job assignments and ensure that tasks are completed effectively and on time, consistent with production schedule requirements.
- Adjust priorities, and keeps others appropriately informed, to meet production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the shop, the department, or the work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory
- Organize, repair and maintain tools.
- Ensure completion of all required production paperwork, records and documentation (time cards, quality records, etc)
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist operators in solving work problems.
- Observe work and monitor output to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Ensure compliance with departmental housekeeping standards and all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or eight (8) years related experience and/or training in tooling design, maintenance, repair and manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity