Abrams Books is seeking a Marketing Manager to work within the Children’s Marketing & Publicity Department team under the direction of the Director, Franchise Marketing. The candidate will work extensively on the marketing efforts for leading franchise properties such as The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Star Wars, and The Questioneers series by Andrea Beaty, as well as on the publishing programs with BOOM! Studios and Nickelodeon. In addition, this position will spearhead marketing efforts for their own trade title campaigns.
The employee is also responsible for managing the creative direction and monthly schedules of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Social Media and website.
This role will collaborate with the subsidiary rights department to handle all approvals and edits to licensed marketing materials for The Diary of a Wimpy Kid franchise in all foreign markets.
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid Marketing Responsibilities
- Plans major yearly DWK campaigns with the Director, Franchise Marketing
- Creates and drives strategy across DWK’S Social Media platforms and website
- Manage content across the DWK website and Social Media spectrum on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Develops the DWK content marketing editorial calendar
- Monitor our social channels, oversee brand reputation, report analytics using social media listening tools, and report on relevant topics and trends
- Collaborates and communicates across numerous in-house departments, as well with brand partners and vendors
- Creates promo items and displays across all accounts
- Seeks cost quotes and schedules from vendors
- Traffics promo items and advertising and delivers files to vendors and agencies
- Aids the approvals of DWK foreign publisher marketing requests
- Coordinates DWK Progress Meetings and DWK Sales & Marketing Meeting agendas and maintains seasonal grids
- Manage the DWK marketing budget
- Attend key shows and events
- Occasional travel required
General Trade and Franchise Title Responsibilities:
- Creation of marketing campaign and promotional materials needed across all trade accounts
- Oversee advertising design and placement
- Coordinate creation of digital and print marketing assets
- Work independently to create copy for varied marketing and presentation needs
- Communication and presentation of assigned titles
- Attend key sales meetings and reviews with vendors and licensing partners