SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Dallas office of SmithGroupJJR, is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Healthcare Studio.
Working with us, you will:
- Lead the design of mechanical systems through all stages of a project, including providing leadership with the client, contractor, and internal design team.
- Manages engineering in medium to large-sized projects (including negotiating project scope and fees, job production and quality, fee management, collection, and work plan) in coordination with the project manager.
- Serve as mechanical systems specialist, conduct research in problem areas of considerable scope/complexity and devise appropriate solutions.
- Able to prepare, coordinate, and complete a mechanical systems construction documents package.
- Meet with clients, project teams, code officials, contractors and others to address mechanical discipline issues and to develop effective working relationships.
- Present engineering design solutions to client representative and/or design review committees.
- Present SmithGroupJJR engineering qualifications to clients in project interviews and other settings.
- Contribute to SmithGroupJJR sustainable design initiatives by using a variety of software to perform energy, heating and cooling load and computational fluid dynamic calculations.
Architecture-Interior Design, Mechanical Engineering, General-Other: Engineering
An ideal candidate has:
- 10 or more years of Mechanical/Architectural Engineering experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration required.
- LEED accreditation, preferred.
- The ability to lead and mentor others in area of expertise.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.