The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Gift Processing Clerk for the Advancement Operations department. This position is responsible for accurate and timely processing of payments received, and inputting the information into the membership database for use in reporting.
This position will be responsible for:
- Processing payments received through lockbox vendor batches or direct deposits into the HSUS and Affiliate membership database in a timely and accurate manner and troubleshoot errors that may occur in data processing;
- Compiling detailed data from third party processors and manipulating the data for upload into the membership database, as well as processing credit card payment transactions;
- Assisting in making cash deposits and picking mail up from local post office;
- Assisting in notifying management team of large donations received within a timely manner;
- Maintaining an understanding and knowledge of organizational fundraising programs, business rules for receipt/donation processing, as well as non-profit revenue recognition rules, so that data can be accurately recorded in the membership database.
- Assisting in maintaining the chain of custody log for payments received by the Accounting department and providing research and documentation on receipts/data processed into the membership database, designated company bank accounts or merchant accounts;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum six months of data entry and accounts receivable experience required;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong data entry and organizational skills required along with attention to detail;
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to work overtime as needed.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Corporate Accounting, Bookkeeping, Fund Accounting, General-Other: Accounting-Finance