Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.Job ID
This position will oversee the implementation and coordination of technology, online curriculum and communication for orientation, student transitions and parent/family communication. Assist in coordination of annual four phase orientation program. Assist in recruitment, selection, hiring and training of interns and orientation leaders. Assist with programing/initiatives to support student success and persistence through the end of their sophomore year. In addition, this position has responsibility including on call responsibilities and crisis management response during the summer orientation season.Job Duties DIGITAL OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATION
- Implement and coordinate orientation schedule/ student involvement digital solution. Groups/departments include Advising, Registrar, Student Involvement, Recreation, Colleges, Alumni, President's Office, Center for Diversity & Social Justice, Student Success, Dining, Catering, Conference Services, along with others;
- Implement and coordinate the communication plan for incoming students;
- Implement and coordinate the communication plan for incoming parents;
- Oversee development and dissemination of the Parent and Family newsletter;
- Update orientation online curriculum and coordinate assignment of student to related courses;
- Develop and maintain digital resources to highlighting programs and resources which support student success and persistence.ORIENTATION PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTAION
- Partner with the Director of First Year Experience and the First Year Experience Task Force Chair to ensure a smooth transition from high school to first year to second year with the purpose of aiding retention;
- Creates opportunities to transition transfer students to the CWU environments through passive and active programming models;
- Oversight of educational programs relating to safety, wellness, alcohol and drug prevention, academic registration availability to all incoming students to CWU and to current students through community development;
- Develops, maintains and facilitates participation in activities directed toward communities that value and support diversity, multiculturalism and inclusiveness;
- Responds to and supports medical, safety and security emergencies and to students in personal crisis as needed. Serves as departmental representative in these situations and exercises independent judgment with response and communication to supervisor. On call responsibilities.STUDENT SUCCESS AND RETENTION (SYE/TR)
- Partner with the offices and services across campus to create a coordinated proactive program highlighting strategies that support student persistence through the end of the sophomore year;
- Overall management of CWU Sophomore Year Experience Program (or equivalent program) including transition programs that promote mentorship opportunities, career readiness, connections with the University, and experiential learning opportunities. STUDENT COUNSELING
-Serves as a conduct hearing officer as directed.
- Provides behavioral intervention to students including counseling, mediation, problem solving, policy incidents and referrals of individuals or groups of students regarding personal concerns, academic needs, or policies
- Serves as a mid-level conduct hearing officer with residence life that serves as inter-mediate contact and responder for students and university officials
- Reviews incident reports, follows-up with students involved in documented incidents, determines various levels of behavioral sanctions and enters incident report data into computer records
- Interprets, and counsels students on university policy violations and determines educational sanctions and or responsibilities for policy and behavioral infractions that best meet student needs, and contractual obligations to the UniversityINITIATIVE TO SUPPORT INSTITUTIONAL GOAL TO BECOME HISPANIC SERVING INSTUTUION
- Facilitate TODOS SOMOS FAMILIA steering committee
- Other duties as assignedMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Two academic cycles of experience with New Student Programs/Orientation or transferable student affairs related experience
- Demonstrated experience working with implementation or daily support of technology driven initiatives
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, including oral and written communication
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and the ability to foster communities that support diversity
- Supervisory Experience
- Experience with large scale event planning and coordination
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office software
- OR any combination of education and/or experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or related field
- Experience providing interpersonal counseling
- Experience providing behavioral interventions
- Experience with program coordination and/or project management
- Recruitment and training for student groups
- Experience supporting/implementing technology focused on supporting an end user experience
- Experience supporting Hispanic students and families through school, public agency or community support programs
- Ability to speak Spanish
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule Salary
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Customer Service: Provide student centered assistance to students participating in orientation related and campus/community relationships; focus on "customer satisfaction" in promotion of Residence Life and New Student Program processes.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
: $40,000-$54,967 AnnuallySchedule/Appointment
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) Working Conditions
: This position requires on-call responsibilities. Daily work is conducted in an office setting with site visits to assigned area residence halls, student rooms, common areas, and community rooms. On-call responsibilities may be conducted on-campus with the possibility of response to situations outdoors. Some weekend and evening hours may be assigned as needed. Benefits
: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0 How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
Screening Begins: March 7, 2018
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Contact Information
Name: John Mounsey
Title: Assistant Director for First Year Experience
Phone: (509) 963-1713
Website: CWU Orientation
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.