Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.Job ID
Oversee major housing processes and coordinate all Housing marketing efforts. The Housing Service and Communications Coordinator will lead major opening and closing processes for University Housing and New Student Programs including Fall move in, quarterly move out and Spring Move out. Additionally, this position will coordinate transitional time periods with key campus stakeholders such as Summer to Fall and Winter Break housing. The Housing Services and Communications Coordinator will lead departmental marketing efforts including application guides, branding, tour document coordination, and social media. The position may include supervision of student marketing staff and interns. The position will serve as a responder in emergent situations and coordinate departmental responses.Job Duties Housing Process Coordination
- Coordinate Housing Move in for over 3,000 students moving into their residence hall and apartment in the month of September, most in one weekend. Collaborate with campus partners to provide a seamless move in experience for residents.
- Coordinate Housing Move out process in June for over 3,000 students.
- Coordinate all end of quarter move-outs and beginning of quarter move-ins on smaller scales through the year.
- Oversee transitional housing periods including Winter Break, Spring to Summer switchover and Summer to Fall switchover
- Cross-train in housing assignment processes to assignments coordinators in peak move in and move out times.
- Assess and propose relevant policies, procedures and marketing to aid in exceptional welcoming and departing experience for students.
- Respond to emergent issues related to housing and as directed.Marketing Coordination
- Coordinate marketing and communication efforts of University Housing and New student Programs.
- Create annual communication plan to assess, identify and develop recruitment and retention strategies that support student success and departmental revenue goals.
- Work closely with campus partners to create marketing pieces and campaigns and design smaller pieces in house as appropriate.
- Work with departmental committees and leaders to advise on their marketing needs. Ensure a cohesive voice and brand are represented.
- Develop a housing social media presence that is engaging, educational and reflects Housing's mission.Supervision and Leadership
- Supervise and collaborate with student marketing staff and interns as appropriate (1-2 per quarter)
- Serve as Director of Housing Operation's back up in their absence and make decisions on their behalf.
- Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees.
- Clearly defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring. Conducts formal performance evaluations.
- Ensures employees have necessary resources.
- Oversees and directs the work of staff; serves as mentor, coach and leader, and resolves complaints or issues.
- Promotes professional development opportunities.
- Develops and fosters supportive working relationships, motivation and engagement.
- Communicates information to staff on an ongoing basis to influence staff engagement and to be a part of a larger community.
- Takes corrective action in a timely manner.
- Recognizes and rewards employees for good performance.
- Schedules employee work hours/shifts; monitor hours worked; approve payable time and absence requests.
- Other duties as assignedMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (to be completed by time of hire).
- Two years of marketing, housing, event planning, and/or administration experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, including oral and written communication;
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and the ability to foster communities that support diversity.
- Computer skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, databases (Access or other database programs) and/or graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite, etc).
- OR any combination of education and/or experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or related field;
- Experience in marketing field including design, branding, messaging, managing marketing campaigns, and or experience with social media.
- Experience managing housing processes or assignments
- Supervisory experience
- Program coordination or project management experience
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule Salary
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
: $34,867 - $54,967 annuallySchedule/Appointment
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)Working Conditions
: Involves combination of office/computer work settings, as well as physical presence in and around the Student Union facility. It is essential to be able to meet physical demands of remaining at a desk/ computer work station for prolonged periods of time, using repetitive arm, hand and finger movements. Some stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying or moving objects and other movements may be required. Evening and weekend work and/or occasional travel may be expected based on changing needs, requirements, deadlines and budgeting constraintsBenefits
: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
Screening Begins: March 7, 2018
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Contact Information
Name: Tricia Rabel
Title: Director of Housing Operations and Marketing
Phone: (509) 963-1838
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.