We’re actively seeking a Chief Content Officer to lead the Content division at the American Marketing Association!
About the AMA and the Content Team
Marketing is moving fast. We are the clarity seeking, navigators of change, always supportive in empowering the individual marketer:
- By untangling the mess of marketing advice, people look at the AMA as a good coach who is always there for them.
- By exploring what’s next in marketing, the AMA earns a badge of credibility as the authority in understanding the industry.
- By helping connect people to their purpose, the AMA provides a sense of place for marketers where kindred spirits feel at home.
With content coming from unrivaled scholarly journals, like the Journal of Marketing, and award-winning publications, like Marketing News, the AMA offers a robust perspective, with an implicit understanding that marketers are expected to provide both solutions for today and solutions for tomorrow.
No other organization provides more ways for marketers and academics to connect with the people and resources they need to be successful.
Come build something AMAzing with us!
Chief Content Office Core Job Responsibilities
- Serving as the steward of the AMA intellectual agenda.
- Leading the development and optimization of the AMA’s content and Content division.
- Shaping the future of the business.
- Reimagining the content strategy as a compelling force in building an essential community with a digital-first orientation
- Leading and inspiring the development and curation of first-class content with optimal delivery to target audiences across multiple channels, digital and physical.
- Acting as a leader and mentor to content staff, ensuring connection to strategy and growth toward individual career goals.
What You Have
- Bachelors Degree
- Ten or more years of progressive responsibility in Content
- Five or more years of experience as editor, writer, and/or scholar; a prolific track record of content creation in any number of channels and forums
- Contemporary understanding and command of digital-first omnichannel content
- Proven track record of managing a complex ecosystem with varying stakeholders while remaining cool, calm, and collected under pressure; leading a team through significant change management while steadfast in upholding core values; demonstrating and encouraging entrepreneurial thinking and championing innovation to drive business strategies.
- The ability to travel up to 30% overnight on both weekdays and weekends for consecutive overnights.
What You May Also Have
- A degree in Marketing and/or terminal post-baccalaureate degree (e.g., PhD, MFA, or MBA)
- Influencer and/or industry recognition for thought leadership
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to partner with a world-class Executive Team in leading a business transformation that reinvents the AMA as the essential community for the Marketer
- Ultimate functional, technical and strategic authority for the AMA’s Content division
- Work-life balance with summer hours, generous paid holiday schedule, paid volunteer time off and flexible work arrangements
- Cool work environment with casual dress, social and employee appreciation events, and Fresh Fruit Mondays
- Gym membership to the Pru Powerhouse
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Our passion for knowing and thinking ahead for the marketer, paired with our core values of being curious, courageous, grateful, joyful, customer-centric and stakeholder-sensitive, are the backbone of our motivated and energetic team. For more information, please visit our website, AMA.org and follow us on Instagram (@ama_marketing) and Glassdoor.