As Vice President of Services, you will oversee the management of our Partner Services team, which is responsible for the delivery of all coaching and consulting services to teachers and school district leaders and is one of the four major divisions within BetterLesson. We envision this role as responsible for establishing and optimizing the operational structures and systems necessary for the rapid scaling of our service delivery. These responsibilities are critical to our company creating a world-class instructional coaching force and achieving our target levels of impact on teachers and students. You will report directly to the founders of the company.
You will focus on five main functional areas:
- Working with our founding full-time coaching team to develop and define the key components of successful coaching delivery, and supporting and empowering the continued success of that team.
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and managing hundreds of top coach contractors who will work with both teachers and instructional leaders. We are starting the process of scaling our service delivery using a contractor-based coaching model, and you will oversee this transition.
- Building the products, processes, and logistics to manage the deployment of an on-demand instructional coaching model that can quickly flex based on customer demand.
- Analyzing and optimizing the experience for teachers and instructional leaders that we coach to maximize educator delight and student impact.
- Overseeing regulatory and legal functions to ensure that we abide by the contractor and employment laws of every state in which we work.
Strategic Planning-Intelligence, Product Management, Corporate Development and Training, General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, Business Analysis-Research, Junior-High School, Recruiting-Sourcing, Elementary School
- a proven leader with outstanding management and interpersonal skills;
- a clear and professional communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- able to work in partnership with all levels of the organization;
- operationally focused and experienced with rapidly scaling a team;
- driven by client satisfaction and able to effectively leverage client feedback;
- analytically oriented with strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities;
- passionate about education and BetterLesson’s social mission; and
- comfortable embracing the experimentation, risk, speed, and failure inherent to startup hustle.
- build a team to recruit, train, and onboard 100+ instructional coaches over the next 12 months;
- develop short- and long-term business and org structure strategy, then execute against it;
- work closely with our engineering team to create the systems necessary to manage the full life-cycle of coach experience;
- collaborate with our product team around end user (teacher or instructional leader) experience and ways to maximize their delight;
- collaborate with our sales team to optimize incentives for coaches and ROI for district partners to drive revenue growth;
- liaise with outside counsel to ensure complete compliance with employment laws; and
- recruit top operational and instructional talent to join the team.
- a bachelor’s degree;
- 10+ years of management and operations experience, preferably with 3-5 years in management consulting and 3-5 years in an industry operations management position; and
- experience building complex logistical systems and processes.
You potentially even have:
- an MBA from a top graduate business school; and
- direct understanding of on-demand “gig economy” service models.