This position is responsible for promoting and selling the Studio TK product portfolio to the A&D community, dealers and end users within the New York Region. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; establishing and/or maintaining business partnership with architectural and design firms, dealers and end-users, making sales calls and presentations, and ultimately gaining market share and increasing Studio TK sales volume in the New York Metropolitan Region.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Approximately 70% of the focus should be on design firms and a 30% focus on dealers and end users.
- Work with VP to develop and execute an overall territory plan which includes targeting design firms, clients and dealers.
- Target both existing and new client design influences in alignment with Studio TK diversification strategy to stimulate new business opportunities for corporate growth and profitability within designated markets (i.e. education, hospitality, corporate end-users).
- Maintain ongoing communication with management to ensure successful development of the program.
- Provide support and be a resource to the Teknion sales force within the region, distribution network, both Teknion and authorized "open" dealers, architectural and design community, and current and potential end users with respect to sales efforts, product training, resource materials, samples, specifications, etc.
SALES & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Build interest in Studio TK products and gain project opportunities through strategic coverage of the design community and creative education programs and networking events.
- Participate in client visits serving as the product expert. Deliver impactful presentations and provide high-level follow through to ensure clients’ needs are met and opportunities for improved relationships and new business are maximized.
- Make design firm, end user and dealer sales calls, either alone or in conjunction with the appropriate members of the Teknion team.
- Support assigned dealers with product training, allocation and understanding of Studio resources.
- Actively participate in design associations and events.
- Support the business development/sales process by:
- Coordinating services for the client (COM)
- Providing samples for client
- Presenting products from initial introduction to final mock up
- Recommending pricing strategy
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of all Studio products as well as the competitors’ offering.
- Comply with all training requirements (e-learnings, etc).
- Maintain current and accurate project forecasts in SFDC.
- Maintain thorough understanding and proper use of standards and protocols for discounting.
- Provide timely responses to bid requests.
- Prompt, reliable and regular attendance.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain communication with product managers to identify fixes, enhancements, new ideas and provide market feedback.
- Maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Work in a manner that is consistent with the overall goals and direction of the corporation.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to travel. Amount of travel will vary depending on size of territory.
Experience, Skill and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong relationships with design firms in given market.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and highly motivated.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with strong emphasis on listening.
- Advanced selling skills, e.g. qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling knowledge, ability to 'close'.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to create, build and maintain relationships with customers, influencers, dealers and sales team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to learn and utilize Teknion systems as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sexual orientation or gender identity