This position is responsible for generating qualified sales prospects for Teknion products within a given territory. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: establishing and/or maintaining business partnership with valuable networking and lead sources outside the traditional dealership and design firm venues; making end user sales calls and presentations; maintaining accurate and up to date forecasts and other reports; and increasing Teknion’s sales volume and market share within the given territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed upon territorial revenue goals.
- Make end user and networking sales calls and presentations, either alone or in conjunction with other members of the Teknion team, i.e.: Global Accounts, District Manager or A&D Market Manager.
- Develop and execute a territorial business plan incorporating annual goals and objectives.
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of all Teknion products as well as the competitors’ offering.
- Maintain active business relationships with productive networking and lead sources, including but not limited to commercial real estate professionals, professional organizations such as IFMA, and ancillary business products sales professionals.
- Work in a manner that is consistent with the overall goals and direction of the corporation.
- Maintain current and accurate project forecasts and other sales reports as required.
Experience, Skill and Educational Requirements:
- B.S. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least five total years work
- Five years experience selling office furniture systems with a proven track record
- Ability to work independently and achieve results
- Conversant with PC applications including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to include networking, cold calling, group/individual presentations and contract negotiation
- Knowledge of associations, agencies and related service industry professions are highly preferred.
- Manages priorities and projects to ensure that qualified sales leads are converted into sales
- Ability to travel locally and out of town for business related sales and meetings
Equal Opportunity Employer
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sexual orientation or gender identity