Triumph GroupRequisition Number
US-TN-Nashville# of Positions Remaining
Full timeExperience (Years)
Engineering - AllSecurity Clearance Required?
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, sub-assemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain - from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft - from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Director of Engineering
is responsible for all engineering related functions to include Design, Stress, MRB, Manufacturing Engineering, Tool Design, NC Programming and CDM. This role is responsible for developing talent and critical skills, developing design processes, developing technology roadmaps, supporting manufacturing and implementing Triumph's Transformation initiatives. Reports to the site President or Vice President Engineering, and works closely with functional leaders in the company, including those in Program Management, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain and Human Resources. Responsibilities
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the engineering department. Ensure implementation of formal processes and controls to support product development process
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements, per the product and/or marketing requirements document.
- Recruiting, managing and continuously developing through leadership and collaborative team building a world-class team of technology professionals viewed as the leader in the aerospace industry.
- Networking with equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications; conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external customers.
- Develop strategic planning for and direction and control of engineering research development activities.
- Defining and communicating corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization.
- Being actively engaged in technology standard settings boards and organizations that may impact civil certification of aircraft structure.
- Identifying opportunities to leverage offshore resources to meet project demand through outsourcing engineering activities.
- Ensuring the knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across programs; and developing and monitoring technical standards to ensure adherence to them.
- Being directly responsible for establishing and managing the operating budget for the Engineering department for two sites.
- This position has broad responsibility for assuring the technical integrity and safety of Triumph's products and services from an engineering design requirement.
- BS from accredited university
- 12+ years experience in Aerospace & Defense industry
- Demonstrated experience in operations/production leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with engineering structures design
- Demonstrated experience leading large scale projects across multiple organizations
- Demonstrated experience with earned value management
- Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated experience leading manufacturing assembly and tooling operations
- Demonstrated experience leading supplier integration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using CATIA/CAD
- Masters degree in Business Administration
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering design process across multiple programs at various stages of development
- Demonstrated experience leading business transformation
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com
to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to. "An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations, applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident in order to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.