This position is responsible for selling and marketing Teknion products to dealers/end users within a given geography. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; establishing and/or maintaining business partnership with dealers; making dealer, end user, and design firm sales calls and presentations; maintaining accurate and up to date forecasts; increasing Teknion’s sales volume and market share within the given territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and New Business Development
Approximately 60% of your time should be spent on the following activities:
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed upon territorial revenue goals across all product categories and market segments.
- Work in conjunction with dealer partners to identify and help to develop strategic relationships with potential customers. Develop new business opportunities through proven sources and techniques to contribute to the success of the market area.
- A minimum of 50% of selling time should be spent on new business development activities (which equates to 30% of your job)
- Engage in networking opportunities through organizations such as CoreNet and real estate service providers
- Make dealer, end users and design firm sales calls, either alone or in conjunction with other members of the Teknion team, i.e.: Product Specialist, Global Accounts or A&D Market Manager.
- Team up and collaborate with dealers and other Teknion team members on strategy to increase market share.
- Deliver impactful presentations to customer groups, utilizing strong probing, relationship -building and problem solving skills.
- Provide high-level follow through to ensure clients’ needs are met and opportunities for improved relationships and new business are maximized.
Approximately 25% of your time should be spent on the following activities:
- Support assigned dealers with product training, allocation and understanding of Teknion resources (who to call, scheduling product managers in the market, etc.)
- Assess what training is needed by the dealer - suggest e-learn course assignments, advocate for dealer attendance at Teknion Live training sessions, get resources from NJ or Toronto to conduct live training in the market if needed
- Dealer/Teknion Annual Business Plan
- Lead the Meeting
- Ensure that quarterly updates are scheduled and attended
- Develop Dealer/Teknion Calendar - events, product launches, Minimum Standards due dates, etc.
- Assign strategies and tactics and be responsible for a portion - ensure that all get completed
- Complete the SQ Portion and take action on this section (expire, renew, renegotiate pricing, tec.)
- Develop a Gap Analysis - Dealer Sales Goal less closed business, and percent of identified business
- Work with RVP to determine Teknion dollars spent in the market (Events, Mock ups, Marketing Materials, etc.) and help strategize on what will get Teknion our best return on dollars spent.
- Develop and execute on an overall territory plan which includes annual goals and objectives
- Participate in Distribution Evaluatio