Account Control Technology is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with ACT without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Position at Account Control Technology Come join our thriving team!Build Your Future; Unlimited Bonus Potential!Full-time with Benefits package available; 401K, Health, Vision, Dental!
Account Control Technology, Inc. (ACT) was established in 1990, driven by the need to improve debt collection and recovery practices. ACT quickly acquired clients nationwide due to its highly successful consultative approach and focus on service. ACT is now one of the nation's leading debt recovery, accounts receivable management (ARM) and business process outsourcing companies.
We are currently seeking ambitious, self-motivated, driven TEAM MEMBERS
for a challenging, intense and ever-evolving career in the collections arena. This an opportunity to join an established team; immediately benefiting from the wealth of collective experience from our team while being supported by a strong and savvy, management team.Our Team Members
must work well in team settings and have the ability to problem solve, negotiate, and multitask. Organizational skills, verbal, written, and communication skills are a must.
Must be 18 or older to qualify for this opening
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
As a Collections Specialist, you must be highly motivated, competitive and focused as well as being driven to earn. You must also be energetic, assertive, charismatic and able to easily handle rejection. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong negotiation skills.
• Contacting borrowers on the telephone to collect past due accounts;
• Negotiating payment arrangements, with the objective of obtaining payment in full;
• Documenting debtor files;
• Reviewing accounts for legal qualifications;
• Working with borrower to reach voluntary payment arrangements;
• Verifying personal contact data such as home address, telephone number and place of employment;
• Preparing the account for the attorney to initiate legal action if no voluntary payment arrangement has been reached and there is no signed repayment agreement;
• Skip tracing for residence and or place of employment;
• Following all Federal, State and local laws;
• Evaluating and assessing borrower's credit and financial situation;
• Meeting monthly performance expectations;
• Performing other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Regular attendance required
Specific qualifications for the Collections Specialist position include:
• High school diploma OR GED; some college a plus, particularly in Finance or Business
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Understanding of legal system
• Basic math skills
• Basic computer skills, MS Office, preferred
• Not in default on student loans
• Willingness to submit to background and drug screen
• Office experience, preferred
• Customer service or sales background, a plus