Princeton UniversityRequisition #
Grants and ContractsDate Posted
13 hours agoFull-Time / Part-Time
Full-TimeApplication Deadline Overview
The Department of Physics seeks a Grants Manager. The Grants Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of sponsored research (pre-award proposal submission and post-award) for the department. The Physics Department's portfolio of sponsored research dollars is the largest in the University. Physics submits between 60 - 90 proposals, renewals and supplements a year.
The Grants Manager reports to the Manager of Grants and Financial Operations and supervises an Assistant Grants Manager and a Grants Administrator.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day management of sponsored research (pre-award proposal submission and post-award).
- Supervises an Assistant Grants Manager and a Grants Administrator. Performs annual performance appraisals for each.
- Mentor and train on various submissions with federal and non-federal agencies - assist the grant staff to familiarize them with the process of each type of proposal.
- Coordinate work load of proposals - disseminate work between grant staff to facilitate projects more efficiently.
- Monitor and track financial progress of sponsored research projects totaling $31.5M in FY17. Provide PIs with needed urgent financial reporting information and make stop work recommendations when cost indices exceed allowances. (This will be done in conjunction with the Manager of Grants and Financial Operations).
- Prepare Bi-monthly or Quarterly Reports for sponsored research (such as sponsored research expenses, number of submitted proposals, number of funded proposals, etc) for review by Manager of Grants and Financial Operations, Department Manager and Chair.
- Review salary and wage certifications 3 times a year for all research grants in Labor Accounting.
- CONCUR review and approval of travel expense reports for faculty, staff and students.
- Manage grants Access database - formatting, queries, and reports creation. Update as necessary and upload reports to Physics website.
- Update and maintain the Physics Department BGO website along with Assistant Grants and Business Manager using Drupal.
- Attend extensive training courses including excel classes, ORPA taught monthly information sessions, PRIME update sessions to stay informed and SRA sessions.
- Attend monthly grant manager meetings representing Physics in open forum discussions on current issues/solutions to common grant manager challenges.
Qualifications Essential Qualifications
- Perform other activities as designated by the Manager of Grants and Financial Operations, Department Manager or Chair.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7+ years of grant and supervision experience a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word. Excellent computational skills.
- Knowledge of Princeton's business applications (PRIME, Coeus and Concur), policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with principles of accounting, federal Uniform Guidance and related sponsored research statutes.
- Must understand and be able to implement the policies of a large number of funding agencies (NSF, DOE, NASA, DARPA, ONR and NIH).
- We are looking for someone who is a very detailed-oriented person who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral as well as written.
- Ability to work independently; possess strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to understand and support organizational goals, apply knowledge to achieve department goals.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary Grade
ADM, 050 Standard Weekly Hours
36.25 Eligible for Overtime
No Benefits Eligible
Yes Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
No Physical Capacity Exam Required
No Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network
to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
or iCIMS FAQs
, please contact email@example.com
Go to our careers