2017-1246# of Openings
Position involves supporting the distribution center and maintenance in the following areas of responsibility: scheduling outbound freight, processing shipments and applicable receiving paperwork, monitoring IPM stock cut requirements, processing requisitions into Datastream, producing various daily/weekly/monthly reports and coordinating with various Organizational elements as necessary to perform required functions. This position reports to the Materials Manager.Responsibilities
- Schedule all outbound freight via General Cable approved carrier routings and within timeframe necessary to effect on-time shipments
- Process all shipments and receiving paperwork, files, and records
- Monitor IPM stock cut requirements, acknowledge cut orders, and process cut sheets in a timely manner so as to effect shipment within established lead-times and on-time shipments as per PLF, and DC Scrap/Allocation metrics
- Communicate directly with Sales, Marketing, Production Control, and Manufacturing representatives as necessary to effect understanding by all parties as regards any situation which will affect on-time shipments as per DC and PLF metrics
- Monitor CCP's that directly influence DC metrics, ensuring proper root cause assignments and all necessary information with regards to carrier damage claims are processed appropriately
- Provide reports as required regarding DC activities and metrics
- Input requisitions into Datastream 7i for Maintenance and DC.
- Monitor & provide support to effectively manage through datastream 7i to ensure progression to purchase order status.
- Run BMR, MTF reports out of data on a weekly basis.
- Update as necessary and maintain compliance with all departmental ISO procedures
- Perform other tasks that are reasonable to the job as requested by Direct Management.
- A results driven individual experienced in working in a high performance-mfg. environment.
- Proven working knowledge of shipping, receiving and purchasing functions as well as excellent computer skills.
- Must have good attention to details and be able to manage the big picture.
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and handle pressure on a daily basis.
- Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning, leadership, and administrative skills.
- High energy demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
- Associated degree in a related field preferred, or
- 2+ years of equivalent Production Support experience
- 95% time spent in office environment (stairs, sitting, filing, data input, telephone, etc.)
- 5% time spent on production floor or outside.
- Occasional lifting, usually
General Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. General Cable will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.