Colorado Network Staffing
Job Code: 1241
# of Openings: 1Water Quality TechnicianClassification
Temporary AssignmentPay Rate
Under direct supervision, perform routine duties in the area of sampling and monitoring the watershed, treatment plants, potable and recycling distribution systems, and domestic wells. Preform inspection and disinfection activities within the distribution systems, treated water reservoirs, and during special projects. Carry out water quality investigations resulting from customer complaints and emergency response situation. Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collect raw and treated water samples using appropriate sample collection methods.
- Test for DO, pH, stream flow, conductivity, total and free chlorine, ammonia, turbidity, total suspended solids, total dissolved solids, UV254, etc.
- May preform inorganic and mineral analyses and operate ion chromatography instruments to analyze anions and cations. May preform microscopic analysis of algae in source water.
- Preform physical/video inspections of mains or conduits, disinfection of new and existing facilities, and de-chlorination of environmental discharges.
- Preform investigation activities for less complex costumer inquiries or water quality surveys, Regulation 84 compliance, leak and cross-connection identification, emergency threat, and environmental contamination events.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment used in laboratory analysis.
- Calculate, record, and report test results on appropriate forms and computer database including quality assurance and quality control results. Notify stakeholder regarding out of specification results.
- Prepare media, reagents, standard solutions, and sample bottles. Clean and wash glassware and maintain a clean and safe environment. Work in accordance with prescribed safety regulations.
- Preform a variety of laboratory administrative duties including coping and binding materials and reports. Enter information into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Load, lift, and move various items such as containers or automatic staplers.
- Preform emergency Response stand-by Duty per Water Quality Operation stand-by rotation schedule.
- Preform related duties as required.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This job also operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects over 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.Travel
Travel is daily and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.Required Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Must possess and maintain a valid Class “R” Colorado driver's license, and have a satisfactory driving record. Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.AAP/EEO Statement
CNS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CNS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CNS's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.